KDOT map of Chase County (legend)
|state of Kansas|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||1,394 ft (425 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS ID||482064 |
Founded in 1874, it experienced a period of decline that concluded in its abandonment in 1944. In 1900, the community was composed of over fifty households, and it included a post office, stores, schools, and a church.
A post office existed in Thurman from August 24, 1874 to January 31, 1909.
- Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) details for Thurman, Kansas; United States Geological Survey (USGS); July 1, 1984.
- Ghost Settlement on the Prairie: A Biography of Thurman, Kansas, University Press of Kansas, 2007. Accessed 2009-06-30.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- Page 14 from Atlas of the World, 1914. Accessed 2009-06-30.
- DeLorme. Kansas Atlas & Gazetteer. 4th ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2009, 50. ISBN 0-89933-342-7.
|This article about a location in Chase County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States ghost town-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|