||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Ultimate Ride
|Headquarters||Pasco, Washington, United States|
|David Lippes (CEO)|
TiLite designs and manufactures titanium and aluminum wheelchairs. TiLite specializes in wheelchair customization (a process called TiFit) in which each wheelchair is made to users' exact specifications.
One of TiLite’s first models to market was called the “CrossSport”. Since then, TiLite has developed a full range of titanium and aluminum wheelchairs. TiLite wheelchairs are sold in 38 countries and TiLite is a division of TiSport, LLC, which is headquartered in Pasco, WA.
TiLite uses titanium for the frames of several lines of its high performance wheelchairs. Titanium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal, it is highly durable, and it absorbs vibrations better than other common frame materials such as aluminum. These unique properties make it desirable, but because titanium is difficult to refine and requires expertise and precision in welding and bending, it is a more costly material. TiLite makes wheelchairs in both titanium and aluminum. The design and manufacturing process uses parametric modelling, computer aided design and finite element analysis technologies to optimize design and material choices.
- Sander, Jane (2012-11-28). "Pasco's TiLite company expanding around the globe". Yakima, WA: Kndu.com. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- Hagey, Jason (Winter 2013). "The Ultimate Ride - How Pasco, Wash. became home to the world’s hottest wheelchair manufacturer". Washingtonbusinessmag.com. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- Boninger, David. "The Frame Game". PN/Paraplegia News. No. June 2011. Pvamag.com. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- Vogel, Bob (September 2010). "The Titanium Revolution Revisited". New Mobility. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- Sorby, Dennis K. Lieu, Sheryl (2009). Visualization, modeling, and graphics for engineering design (1st ed.). Clifton Park, NY: Delmar Cengage Learning. pp. A2–A4. ISBN 978-1401842499.
- Stackpole, Beth (2011-05-04). "Features – TiLite Races Ahead with Custom Wheelchair Design". Design News. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- “TiLite Makes Marketing, Product & Brand Management Moves” Mobility Management, 8 March 2013.
- TiLite Wheelchairs on Made in America – Full Episode (TiLite official YouTube channel)