Tianjin Binhai International Airport
|Tianjin Binhai International Airport
Tiānjīn Bīnhăi Guójì Jīchǎng
|IATA: TSN – ICAO: ZBTJ|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Administration of China|
|Location||Dongli District, Tianjin|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||3 m / 10 ft|
|Tianjin Binhai International Airport|
In 2010, Tianjin Binhai International Airport handled 7,277,106 passengers, a growth of 25.9% over 2009, making it the 22nd busiest airport in China.
New terminal and second runway
Construction of a new terminal began in 2005 and was fully operating by 2008. The airport expansion provides a state-of-the-art terminal building, which is more than three times bigger than the current one at 116,000 m2. When the three construction phases are complete the airport terminal will be over 500,000 m2 and be able to handle 40 million passengers a year. Over the period of the project the airport site will enlarge from the current 25 km² to 80 km². The airport as a whole will resemble Amsterdam's Schiphol airport in size and will be able to handle over 500,000 tons of cargo and 200,000 flights a year.
The expansion, with a total investment of nearly 3 billion yuan (409.5 million U.S. dollars) widened the runway to 75 meters from 50 meters and lengthened it to 3,600 meters. In May 2009, the airport has also completed the construction of a second runway, and the expected number of passengers will exceed ten million.
On August 28, 2014, Tianjin Binhai International Airport Terminal 2 came into use. The second floor is used as an arrivals hall, while the first floor is a departure hall. Underground, on level B1, there is a public transport hub, used to connect the airport terminal to various methods of public transportation. This includes a subway station level, a transfer hall and an underground parking lot. Terminal 2 is connected to subway line number 2, meaning that passengers can get to the terminal straight from Tianjin Railway Station.
Airlines and destinations
In 2008, the airport handled 166,558 tonnes of freight, and became the 11th busiest airport in China. Tianjin Airport is also among the fastest-growing airports in China, registering a 20.2% increase by passenger traffic and a 33.2% increase in terms of cargo traffic in 2008.
- Transport in Tianjin
- List of airports in the People's Republic of China
- China's busiest airports by passenger traffic
- "Airbus in China". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- http://www.tianjin-air.com/en/frontend/information/newInfo/contractus.jsp http://www.tianjin-air.com/frontend/information/newInfo/contractus.jsp
- "Tianjin Flights Schedule, Flights to Tianjin and Flights from Tianjin". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "What's new: Air China (CA) launches new Narita - Tianjin (via Dalian) service on May 15! - NARITA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OFFICIAL WEBSITE". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Tianjin Airlines files planned New Zealand schedule from Dec 2016". routesonline. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Tianjin Airlines Adds London Gatwick Service from late-June 2016". airlineroute. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- (Russian) Federal State Unitary Enterprise "State Air Traffic Management Corporation", Summer Air Traffic Schedule 25 March 2007 – 27 October 2007 (Airports – Russian international), 29 May 2007, p. 67 Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "airportsint" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- F_221. "German air cargo carrier opens Tianjin-Frankfurt route". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "2号线机场延伸线28日开通 天津站至机场票价3元". Retrieved 7 June 2015.