Tianjin Binhai International Airport
Tianjin Binhai International Airport
|Operator||Civil Aviation Administration of China|
|Location||Dongli District, Tianjin|
|Focus city for|
|Elevation AMSL||3 m / 10 ft|
CAAC airport chart
|Tianjin Binhai International Airport|
In 2017, Tianjin Binhai International Airport handled 21,005,001 passengers, a growth of 24.5% over 2016, making it the 19th busiest airport in China.
Development of the airport
Before 2005, commercial flights were handles in what is now the airport's cargo terminal. In 2006, a larger terminal was built and is now the passenger terminal. A huge expansion was made to the passenger terminal around 2010 to accommodate more passengers. It has 47 jet bridges and is one of the largest airports in China. It is located in a state-of-the-art terminal building, which is more than three times bigger than the previous terminal, at 116,000 m2. When the three construction phases are completed, the airport terminal will be over 500,000 m2 and will be able to handle 40 million passengers per year. Over the period of the project the airport site will enlarge from the current 25 km2 to 80 km2. The airport as a whole will resemble Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport in size and will be able to handle over 500,000 tons of cargo and 200,000 flights per year.
The expansion, with a total investment of nearly ¥3 billion ($409.5 million), widened the runway to 75 m (from previous 50 m), and lengthened it to 3,600 m. In May 2009, the airport also completed the construction of a second runway, with the expected number of passengers exceeding ten million.
On 28 August 2014, Tianjin Binhai International Airport Terminal 2 came into use. The second floor is used as an arrivals hall, while the first floor is a departure hall. Underground, on level B1, there is a public transport hub, used to connect the airport terminal to various methods of public transportation. This includes a subway station level, a transfer hall and an underground parking lot. Terminal 2 is connected to subway line number 2, meaning that passengers can get to the terminal straight from Tianjin Railway Station.
Airlines and destinations
In 2008, the airport handled 166,558 tonnes of freight, and became the 11th busiest airport in China. Tianjin Airport is also among the fastest-growing airports in China, registering a 20.2% increase by passenger traffic and a 33.2% increase in terms of cargo traffic in 2008.
- Transport in Tianjin
- List of airports in the People's Republic of China
- China's busiest airports by passenger traffic
- "Airbus in China". Archived from the original on 6 June 2017. Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Hainan Airlines 1Q19 Vancouver service changes". airlineroute.net. Retrieved 17 December 2018.
- 天津航空[官方网站] – 天津航空有限责任公司 (in Chinese). Tianjin Airlines. Archived from the original on 21 May 2012. Retrieved 23 July 2012. 天津航空[官方网站] – 天津航空有限责任公司 (in Chinese). Tianjin Airlines. Archived from the original on 7 March 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- "Tianjin Flights Schedule, Flights to Tianjin and Flights from Tianjin". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- "Air China adds Tianjin Osaka service". Routesonline. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- 新航季 · 2019夏秋新航线 ① | 启程！探索新旅程！. WeChat (in Chinese).
- "China Express adds Tianjin – Mandalay service from May 2019".
- "JC (Cambodia) International Airlines launches Sihanoukville-Tianjin service – Blue Swan Daily". blueswandaily.com. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- Lion Air adds Denpasar – Tianjin service from mid-July 2018
- Lion Air Layani Penerbangan Charter Manado ke Tianjin
- Sůra, Jan (25 August 2020). "Chiny: LOT poleci do Tiencin". rynek-lotniczy.pl. Retrieved 25 August 2020.
- "Malindo Air adds Kota Kinabalu – Tianjin from mid-Jan 2019". routesonline.com.
- 出発便一覧 (in Japanese). Aomori Airport.
- "Okay Airways adds Da Nang service from July 2017". routesonline. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "Qingdao Airlines adds Tianjin – Mandalay from late-May 2019". routesonline. Retrieved 28 May 2019.
- New Destination : Bangkok - Tianjin : THB 3,855
- New Destination to China
- "Tianjin Airlines moves Chongqing – London to Heathrow from late-Aug 2018".
- "Tianjin Airlines adds Tianjin – Nagoya service in S19". routesonline. Retrieved 5 February 2019.
- Liu, Jim (5 August 2019). "Tianjin Airlines plans Tianjin – Ulan Baatar flights from Aug 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 8 July 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- http://www.hongkongairport.com/flightinfo/eng/cargo_dep.html, Shijiazhuang, Zhengzhou
- F_221. "German air cargo carrier opens Tianjin-Frankfurt route". Retrieved 7 June 2015.
- 2号线机场延伸线28日开通 天津站至机场票价3元 (in Chinese). Retrieved 7 June 2015.