Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (simplified Chinese: 天津经济技术开发区; traditional Chinese: 天津經濟技術開發區; pinyin: tiānjīn jīngjì jìshù kāifā qū), commonly abbreviated as TEDA (simplified Chinese: 泰达; traditional Chinese: 泰達; pinyin: tài dá; literally: "peace and prosperity") is the main free market zone in Binhai, Tianjin, China. It was formed in late 1984.
The area was created in late 1984. Since 1997, the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM, the former Ministry of Economy and Foreign Trade) started a comprehensive appraisal on investment environment of all national-level development zones which covers eight major indicators like overall economic strength, infrastructure, operation cost, human resources and supply, society and environment, facilitation for technology innovation, management system building, and development and efficiency. For 12 years in a row, TEDA topped the list. It is a leading investment spot and the Asia-Pacific at large.
TEDA, pronounced nearly the same in Mandarin Chinese, is a vast area by the seaside. It contains a port, business buildings, urban residential areas, and an extensive transportation network. TEDA also contains the TEDA Football Stadium, used by Tianjin's football team, Tianjin Teda FC. The stadium was finished in 2004.
The area's largest bridge is the Haihe toll bridge.
Located in the Binhai New Area of Tianjin Municipality, TEDA is around 40 minutes from downtown Tianjin, 30 minutes from the Tianjin Binhai International Airport and 5 minutes away from the Tianjin Port. The Binhai Mass Transit rapid transit system was introduced in 2004 to reduce travel time between Tianjin downtown and TEDA.
There is an increasing expatriate population in TEDA, supported by an International School which is accredited by both WASC and CIS. The school Teda International School was established in 1995. Teda International School offers a curriculum based on United States standards. The school is authorized by the College Board  to offer the Advanced Placement (AP) program, and examinations, and is an authorized SAT and TOEFL testing center.
TEDA is also home to the Tianjin TEDA Maple Leaf International School (TTMLIS), formerly called Harbor View School. TTMLIS is a member of Maple Leaf Education Systems, whose flagship school is located in the Dalian Development Area of the city of Dalian, Liaoning.
- Binhai New Area
- Yujiapu Financial District
- Transport in Tianjin
- TEDA Holding
- RightSite.asia | Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area
- "Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges -". www.acswasc.org. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "CIS - International Education Membership Community". www.cois.org. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "TEDA International School - Home". www.tedais.org. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "The College Board - College Admissions - SAT - University & College Search Tool". www.collegeboard.org. Retrieved 13 September 2017.
- "建设中". www.mapleleaf.net.cn. Archived from the original on 2000-05-10. Retrieved 2015-09-16.
- "联系我们." Master Kong. Retrieved on April 11, 2014. "总部地址:中国天津经济技术开发区第三大街15号"
- An Overview about Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area from enorth.com English Channel (October 2004)
- Official site (in English)