Tibbetts Point Light
Tibbetts Point Lighthouse
|Location||Tibbetts Point on Lake Ontario at the St Lawrence River|
|Year first lit||1854|
|Tower shape||Conical frustum|
|Markings / pattern||White w/ Black Lantern|
|Height||58 feet (18 m)|
|Focal height||69 feet (21 m)|
|Original lens||Fourth Order Fresnel lens|
|Current lens||original lens|
|Range||16 nautical miles (30 km; 18 mi)|
|ARLHS number||USA-848 |
|USCG number||7-1735 |
The Tibbetts Point Lighthouse is located in Cape Vincent (town), New York. The land upon which the lighthouse stands is a part of a 600-acre (240 ha) grant of land to Captain John Tibbetts of Troy, New York. The lighthouse is a circular tower that stands 69 feet (21 m) above the water
The current lighthouse was constructed in 1854.
The Tibbetts Point Lighthouse is on the Great Lakes Seaway Trail.
Tibbetts Point Light is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, reference number 84002412, as Tibbets Point Light (US Coast Guard / Great Lakes TR).
The Archives Center at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History has a collection (#1055) of souvenir postcards of lighthouses and has digitized 272 of these and made them available online. These include postcards of Tibbetts Point Light  with links to customized nautical charts provided by National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration.
DeWire, Elinor, "Tibbets Point Lighthouse." Mariners Weather Log (Fall 1991), pp. 30–31.
- Oleszewski, Wes. Great Lakes Lighthouses, American and Canadian: A Comprehensive Directory/Guide to Great Lakes Lighthouses, (Gwinn, Michigan: Avery Color Studios, Inc., 1998) ISBN 0-932212-98-0.
- Scott T. Price. "U. S. Coast Guard Aids to Navigation: A Historical Bibliography". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- U.S. Coast Guard. Historically Famous Lighthouses (Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1957).
- Wright, Larry and Wright, Patricia. Great Lakes Lighthouses Encyclopedia Hardback (Erin: Boston Mills Press, 2006) ISBN 1-55046-399-3
- Tibbetts Point information from the National Park Services Maritime Heritage Program
- Tibbetts Point information from the Lighthouse Getaway
- Lighthouses of the Great Lakes Seaway Trail
- Tibbetts Point Lighthouse
- Lighthouse Friends site
- "Historic Light Station Information and Photography: New York". United States Coast Guard Historian's Office.
- National Park Service Historic Lighthouses
- USCG list of Fresnel lenses still in operation December 2008