Tickton is a village and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. Tickton is approximately 2 miles (3.2 km) east from Beverley, lying to the south of the A1035 road. The village is about 1 mile (1.6 km) long and contains, two churches, two pubs, a primary school and village shop which is also a post office.
The civil parish consists of the villages of Tickton and Hull Bridge together with the hamlets of Eske and Weel. According to the 2011 UK census, Tickton parish had a population of 1,731, an increase on the 2001 UK census figure of 1,586.
Tickton is represented locally by Tickton and Routh Parish Council a joint council with the adjacent parish of Routh. while at county level is in the Beverley Rural ward of the East Riding of Yorkshire Council. At a parliamentary level it is part of the Beverley and Holderness constituency which is represented by Graham Stuart of the Conservative Party. While at European level it is in the Yorkshire and the Humber constituency.
In 2015 107.8 Beverley FM was launched. This is a station specifically for the community in Beverley and all of its surrounding areas, including Tickton.
- UK Census (2011). "Local Area Report – Tickton Parish (1170211278)". Nomis. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 26 February 2018.
- "2001 Census: Key Statistics: Parish Headcounts: Area: Tickton CP (Parish)". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 19 May 2008.
- Ekwall, Eilert. The Concise Oxford Dictionary of English Place-names. p. 473.
- "Parish Councillors and Ward Councillors". Tickton and Routh Parish Council. Retrieved 15 June 2019.
- Gazetteer — A–Z of Towns Villages and Hamlets. East Riding of Yorkshire Council. 2006. p. 11.
- "Just Beverley". Beverley FM. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "Edmunds' hopes ended by Kyrgios: TICKTON STAR WILTS UNDER SERVE BARRAGE". Hull Daily Mail. 22 June 2018. ProQuest 2057966325.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tickton.|
|This East Riding of Yorkshire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|