Ticonderoga Municipal Airport
|Ticonderoga Municipal Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 4B6|
|Owner||Town of Ticonderoga|
|Serves||Ticonderoga, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||273 ft / 83 m|
Ticonderoga Municipal Airport (FAA LID: 4B6) is a public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) northeast of Ticonderoga, a hamlet in the Town of Ticonderoga, Essex County, New York, United States. The airport is owned by the Town of Ticonderoga. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Ticonderoga Municipal Airport covers an area of 60 acres (24 ha) at an elevation of 273 feet (83 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 2/20 with an asphalt surface measuring 4,041 by 60 feet (1,232 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 9, 2011, the airport had 11,200 aircraft operations, an average of 30 per day: 98% general aviation and 2% military. At that time there were 11 aircraft based at this airport: 91% single-engine and 9% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 4B6 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Ticonderoga Municipal (4B6) at NYSDOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of May 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 4B6, effective July 21, 2016
- Resources for this airport: