|Elevation||1,083 ft (330 m)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||462240|
The Ticonic Independent School District, which operated the grade 1-8 Ticonic Independent School, started in the early 1900s. In 1955 Mapleton Community School District, as it was now known, absorbed the Ticonic Independent School District as the latter had a decline in population. The Mapleton Community School District merged into the Maple Valley Community School District in 1961. The Ticonic school closed in 1961, and it was demolished in 1970 as the building had deteriorated. On July 1, 2012 the Maple Valley district consolidated with the Anthon-Oto Community School District to form the new Maple Valley Anthon-Oto district.
- "Ticonic". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Monona County, Iowa Highway and Transportation Map" (PDF). Iowa Department of Transportation. January 1, 2017. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
- "Maple Valley Anthon-Oto." Iowa Department of Education. Retrieved on July 16, 2018.
- Woodward, Susan. "Ticonic Independent School District." Maple Valley Community School District. December 1997. Retrieved on July 16, 2018.
- Maple Valley history page. Maple Valley Community School District. March 5, 2001. Retrieved on July 16, 2018.
- "REORGANIZATION & DISSOLUTION ACTIONS SINCE 1965-66." Iowa Department of Education. Retrieved on July 20, 2018.
|This article about the geography of Monona County, Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|