This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: This article is disorganized and may contain the same information repeated in multiple sections. (December 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Type of business||Private|
Type of site
|Available in||English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish|
|Founder(s)||Kaj Drobin, Siavash Ghorbani, Birk Nilsson and Carl Waldekranz|
|Native client(s) on||iOS, Android|
Tictail is a social shopping website for shoppers to discover emerging designers around the world. For brands, the platform is a DIY e-commerce tool focused on strong community integration, simplicity of use, and attractive, customizable design. With no need for coding or web-design experience, small business owners are given the tools to build global brands. For shoppers, Tictail is a destination to discover and shop home decor and fashion finds from a global community of emerging designers. Founded in Stockholm, Tictail currently has offices in both Sweden and New York where it opened its first brick-and-mortar store in January 2016.
Founded in 2012 in Stockholm by Carl Waldekranz, Kaj Drobin, Siavash Ghorbani and Birk Nilsson, Tictail was dubbed ‘the Tumblr of e-commerce’ by Wired Magazine in 2012  when the company was listed as one of ‘Europe's 100 hottest start-ups’. Tictail is built as a DIY e-commerce platform empowering emerging designers to set up a virtual store in minutes. Tictail focuses on strong community integration, simplicity of use and stylized, customizable design.
In September 2013, Tictail opened up its platform, allowing third party individuals to develop Tictail apps that all users can purchase to add extra functionality to their store.
In May 2015, Tictail became the first e-commerce platform to allow brands to start an online store directly on their mobile phones. In October 2015, Tictail launched Tictail Talk  a messaging platform for shoppers to communicate directly with brands, and vice versa.
In July 2015, Tictail launched its marketplace for shoppers to discover products from all brands connected to the platform.
In January 2016, Tictail opened Tictail Market its first permanent store in New York City on 90 Orchard street. Many of the brands sold at the physical location are sold exclusively in New York at Tictail Market.
In November 2018, Tictail was sold to Shopify
To date, Tictail has raised $32M in funding, with an $8M Series A in Feb 2014 led by Thrive Capital in New York, and a $22M Series B in July 2015 led by Balderton Capital, Acton Capital, Creandum, and Thrive Capital. Tictail's advisory board includes Gustav Söderström, CPO of Spotify; Fredrik Nylander, CTO of Oscar Health and former COO of Tumblr; Sophia Bendz of Spotify; and Gustaf Alströmer, head of Product and Growth at Airbnb, and formerly Voxer
Tictail opened its first office in 2012 in Stockholm. In 2014, the company opened its second office in New York City.
Since launch in May 2012, Tictail has received an award for Best Entrepreneurs of Sweden 2012 by IDG, and the Masters of Mobile award by Decoded Fashion. In 2015, Tictail CEO Waldekranz was also named as a "Forbes 30 under 30".
- Venkataramanan, Madhumita. "DIY retailer Tictail has plans to make online shopkeepers of us all". Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Cheshire, Tom. "Europe's hottest startups 2014: Stockholm". Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Tictail Founder Carl Waldekranz: Future of E-Commerce is Democratisation". IBTimes. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Tictail's In-App Messaging To Bring Real Customer Service To Online Shopping". 29 October 2015. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- Cutler, Kim-Mai (29 July 2015). "Tictail Doubles Down With Thrive Capital, Creandum, Raises $22M To Carve Out Online Marketplace". TechCrunch. Retrieved 10 October 2016.
- "Tictail Takes New York". Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "No Flower is Getting More Love This Season Than the Daisy". The New York Times. 17 February 2016. Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Shopify goes shopping; Swedish DIY e-commerce startup Tictail to fold into its bigger rival - Tech.eu". Tech.eu. Retrieved 2018-11-26.
- Hern, Alex (19 February 2014). "'Tumblr for e-commerce' announces $8m Series A funding". Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "Tictail Closes Series A Funding Round of $8 Million and Announces the Company's Expansion to New York".
- Denham, Annabel (8 July 2013). "The Swede simplifying how we set up e-shops". Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- "New York 2015 Winners : Decoded – Fashion Futures Awards". Retrieved 17 July 2016.
- O'Connor, Clare. "Carl Waldekranz, 29 - In Photos: 2016 30 Under 30: Retail & E-Commerce". Retrieved 17 July 2016.