|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tidbits has been published weekly since April 16, 1990, which makes it one of the longest running Internet publications. TidBITS is published by Adam C. Engst, author of a number of computer books, including four editions of Internet Starter Kit for Macintosh, Eudora for Windows & Macintosh Visual Quickstart Guide, and five editions of iPhoto for Mac OS X: Visual QuickStart Guide.
Currently, the Tidbits staff includes:
- Adam C. Engst, Publisher
- Tonya Engst, Editor in Chief
- Josh Centers, Managing Editor
- Jeff Carlson, Senior Editor
- Glenn Fleishman, Technical Editor
- Joe Kissell, Senior Editor
- Rich Mogull, Security Editor
- Mark Anbinder, Contributing Editor
- Matt Neuburg, Contributing Editor
- Agen Schmitz, Staff Writer
Tidbits also publishes a series of electronic books in Adobe Acrobat (PDF), EPUB, and Mobipocket (Kindle) formats that cover issues related to Mac OS X and the digital lifestyle. The "Take Control" series first appeared in October 2003 with the publication of Take Control of Upgrading to Panther which was issued at the same moment as the official launch of Mac OS X version 10.3 "Panther". Excerpts of the Take Control books can be downloaded free of charge, and some have been published in Macworld magazine.
The series includes many books for using and upgrading the various versions of Mac OS X and iPhone software; applications such as Apple Mail, DEVONthink, and iTunes; and general technology such as wireless security and choosing a digital camera.
There are also some wider lifestyle titles such as Take Control of Thanksgiving Dinner.
-  - links to rankings on independent websites and other recognition
- TidBITS Contact page - lists current staffers
- Setting up iPhone tethering: Take Control of iPhone and iPod Touch Networking, Macworld, December 1, 2010
- TidBITS provides a thoughtful review of Leopard 10.5.2, Information Week, February 14, 2008
- Review of TidBITS Mac OS X Lexicon in Mac Observer, July 24, 2007