|Full name||Martinus Abraham Burger|
|Date of birth||1 November 1993|
|Place of birth||Rosendal, South Africa|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||104 kg (229 lb)|
|School||Grey College, Bloemfontein|
|Rugby union career|
Youth and Varsity Cup rugby
He then went to Grey College in Bloemfontein, which is in Free State Cheetahs territory. He represented them at the Under-18 Academy Week in 2011 and also played for the Free State U19 side in the 2011 Under-19 Provincial Championship. In 2012, he started off playing for the U19s in the 2012 Under-19 Provincial Championship, but halfway through the season, he was promoted to the Free State U21 side and started six matches for them in the 2012 Under-21 Provincial Championship.
He started the 2014 season playing Varsity Cup rugby for the UFS Shimlas, starting all seven of their matches as they finished fifth in the competition, before returning to Under-21 action in the 2014 Under-21 Provincial Championship.
Free State Cheetahs
He made his first class debut during the 2014 Vodacom Cup competition. He was selected in the run-on side for the Free State XV for their match against Kenyan invitational side Simba XV and scored his first senior try in the opening minute of the match as they ran out 75–10 winners. He also started their final match in the competition against the Blue Bulls a week later as they lost 21–22 in Bloemfontein.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Tienie Burger". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Border 15-32 Toyota Free State". South African Rugby Union. 20 July 2013. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Toyota Free State XV 77-10 Tusker Simba XV". South African Rugby Union. 26 April 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Toyota Free State XV 21-22 Vodacom Blue Bulls". South African Rugby Union. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Cheetahs to rely on experience". Sport24. 6 August 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.