|Industry||Health and Wellness|
|Founder||Li Jinyuan (CEO|
|Revenue||US 695 million (2018)|
Tianjin Tianshi Biological Development Co., Ltd.Tiens Yihai Co. Ltd.
Tiens (//, from Chinese: 天狮; pinyin: Tiānshī; literally: "heavenly lion") is a Chinese multinational conglomerate, mainly operating in biotechnology, logistics, finance, property, international trade, retail, e-business, education and tourism. The company headquarters are in the port city of Tianjin. Smaller business operations were noted in September 2003 on NASDAQ and in April 2005 on AMEX.
The business was founded in by Li Jinyuan. Starting in spring 1997, it was able to establish itself on the international market. Its first business activity was the export of traditional Chinese medicinal products, calcium tablets and instant coffee. These products were sold via direct marketing directly to consumers, reaching 40 million customers in 190 countries as of 2018, according to the company's website. Most consumers were located in Russia, with some 60,000 in Germany.
Through a multi-level marketing approach, Tiens supplies its products through independent agents to the final customer. As of 2009, Tiens claimed to have more than 12 million direct salespeople worldwide, including over 40,000 in Germany alone.
In Karachi, Pakistan, the Federal Investigation Agency told media that the group tricked people by offering jobs, and compared the company's tactics to pyramid schemes, because of the large up-front investment and commission-based sales model.
- Kotler, Philip (2012-12-11). Rethinking Marketing: Sustainable Marketing Enterprise in Asia. FT Press. ISBN 9780133410198.
- Saha, Sandeep Dutta, Debabratta G. Mastering Commercial Applications – 10. Vikas Publishing House. ISBN 9789325980334.
- "Unternehmensübersicht" (in German). Tiens. 28 April 2008. Archived from the original on 5 May 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Goldjunge aus Tianjin" – Die Zeit, Nr. 37, 4 September 2008
- "Tiens in Deutschland" (in German). Tiens. Archived from the original on 21 October 2008. Retrieved 11 May 2015.
- "Chinese firm sends 6,400 employees on French holiday". BBC News. 9 May 2015. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- "FIA unveils fake job scam in Karachi". www.thenews.com.pk.
- "Kufia FIA Raid Tiens Pakistan"