|Full name||Tierna Lillis Davidson|
|Date of birth||September 19, 1998|
|Place of birth||Menlo Park, California, United States|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Playing position(s)||Center back, left back|
|Chicago Red Stars|
|2019–||Chicago Red Stars||14||(1)|
|2015–2018||United States U20||8||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of August 14, 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of March 11, 2020
Tierna Lillis Davidson (born September 19, 1998) is an American soccer player for the Chicago Red Stars of the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL), the highest division of women's professional soccer in the United States, and the United States women's national soccer team. She was drafted first overall by the Chicago Red Stars in the 2019 NWSL College Draft after playing three years at Stanford.
Davidson intended to become an astronaut, before actively pursuing professional soccer.
Stanford University, 2016–2018
In Davidson's freshman year in 2016 she started all 21 games for the Cardinal, and was named to the Pac-12 All Freshman team and the All-Pac-12 Second Team. In 2017, Davidson was named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year. She was a key part of the Stanford team that won the 2017 NCAA Division I Women's Soccer Tournament and was named the 2017 College Cup Most Outstanding Defensive Player. In 2018 Davidson only appeared in 3 games for Stanford as she suffered a fractured ankle on September 9 against North Carolina. This would be her final appearance for Stanford as she declared for the 2019 NWSL College Draft, forgoing her final year of college eligibility.
Chicago Red Stars, 2019–present
In November 2018, the National Women's Soccer League changed their rules for the NWSL College Draft to allow for players to enter the draft before they had exhausted their college eligibility. This allowed Davidson to declare for the 2019 NWSL College Draft after only playing three years at Stanford. Davidson was selected 1st overall at the draft by the Chicago Red Stars, she was the second consecutive Cardinal to be selected 1st overall after Andi Sullivan was the 1st overall pick in 2018.
On March 11, 2019 Davidson signed a contract with the Red Stars.
In 2018 Davidson played for the senior USWNT and the U-20 WNT. She received her first senior cap for the United States on January 21, 2018 in a friendly against Denmark. After the match she joined the U-20 squad in Trinidad & Tobago for the 2018 CONCACAF Women's U-20 Championship. Davidson scored the tying goal in the Championship game against Mexico, but the United States would lose on penalty kicks.
Davidson was not part to the final roster for the 2018 FIFA U-20 Women's World Cup as she has continued to receive call-ups for the senior USWNT. On July 18 she was named to the USWNT roster for the 2018 Tournament of Nations.
Davidson scored her 1st international goal on August 31, 2018 against Chile. Davidson was not part of the 2018 CONCACAF Women's Championship due to a fractured ankle injury while playing for Stanford. In December, Davidson was named 2018 U.S. Soccer Young Female Player of the Year.
Davidson is openly gay. 
- "List of Players – 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup" (PDF). FIFAdata.com. FIFA. June 16, 2019. Retrieved June 16, 2019.
- Costabile, Annie (May 4, 2019). "From astronaut to USWNT, Red Stars' Tierna Davidson has always dreamed big". Chicago Sun-Times.
- "2017 Women's Soccer Roster". Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "Tierna Davidson to miss World Cup qualifying; out 10–12 weeks with fractured ankle". September 18, 2018. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "Tierna Davidson declares for NWSL College Draft". January 9, 2019. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "Expanded eligibility rules might make the NWSL College Draft more relevant than ever". November 21, 2018. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- "Every pick of the 2019 NWSL College Draft". January 10, 2019. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- "Tierna Davidson signs contract with Chicago". March 11, 2019. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- "Freshly-Capped Davidson Returns to U-20s with WNT Experience". www.ussoccer.com.
- "CONCACAF WOMEN'S U20". Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "GALLERY: ELLIS NAMES 25 PLAYERS TO PRELIMINARY ROSTER FOR 2018 TOURNAMENT OF NATIONS". July 18, 2018. Retrieved July 18, 2018.
- "USA Dominates First-Ever Match vs. Chile, Wins 3–0 on Wild Night in Carson". www.ussoccer.com.
- "WNT and Stanford Defender Tierna Davidson Out 10–12 Weeks with Fractured Left Ankle". www.ussoccer.com.
- "ALEX MORGAN VOTED 2018 U.S. SOCCER FEMALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR". December 7, 2018. Retrieved April 3, 2019.
- "23 PLAYERS NAMED TO 2019 SHEBELIEVES CUP ROSTER". February 12, 2019. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- "MEET THE USA'S 2019 FIFA WOMEN'S WORLD CUP TEAM". May 2, 2019.
- "USA DOMINATES FIRST-EVER MATCH VS. CHILE, WINS 3–0 ON WILD NIGHT IN CARSON". August 31, 2018. Retrieved September 2, 2018.
- Yang, Stephanie (June 5, 2019). "Tierna Davidson remains unbothered". All For XI.
- "WNT WINS 2018 SHEBELIEVES CUP WITH 1–0 VICTORY VS. ENGLAND". March 7, 2018. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- "USA Wins 2020 SheBelieves Cup With 3-1 Victory vs. Japan". U.S. Soccer. March 11, 2020.