|Meaning||from Θεοφάνεια, Theophania-manifestation of God, appearance of God|
|Region of origin||Greece|
Tiffany // is an English form of the Greek Theophania. It was formerly often given to children born on the feast of Theophania, that is, Epiphany. The equivalent Greek male name is Theophanes (Θεοφάνης), commonly shortened to Phanis (Φάνης) and the female is Theophania (Θεοφανία) or Theophano (Θεοφανώ), colloquially Phani (Φανή).
The name was popular in the US during the 1980s and early 1990s—between 1980 and 1991 the number of babies named Tiffany born each year exceeded 10,000, peaking at 18,361 in 1988. Its popularity is probably due to the 1961 movie Breakfast at Tiffany's, alluding to the jeweler Tiffany & Co., rather than the feast of Epiphany.
People with this name include:
- Tiffany Alvord (born 1992), American singer-songwriter and actress
- Tiffany Bolling (born 1947), American actress and singer
- Tiffany Brissette (born 1974), American actress
- Tiffany Cherry (born 1971), Australian sports broadcaster
- Tiffany Chin (born 1967), American figure skater
- Tifanie Christun (born 1972), American voice actress
- Tiffany Cole (born 1981), American convicted of kidnapping and first degree murder
- Tiffany Coyne (born 1982), American model and dancer
- Tiffany Darwish (born 1971), American singer, songwriter, and actress
- Tiffany Dupont (born 1981), American actress
- Tiffany Espensen (born 1999), Chinese-born American television and film actress
- Tiffany Evans (born 1992), American singer and actress
- Tiffany Fallon (born 1974), American model
- Tiffany Granath, American actress and radio personality
- Tiffany Haddish (born 1979), American comedian and actress.
- Tiffany Helm (born 1964), American actress
- Tiffany Hwang (born Stephanie Hwang), Korean-American singer, a member of Girls' Generation
- Tiffany Limos (born 1980), American actress
- Tiffany Million (born 1966), stage name of former female professional wrestler Sandra Margot Escott
- Tiffany Montgomery (born 1982), birth name of Ryan Starr, American singer and actress
- Tiffany Moore, American 12-year-old girl who was murdered in 1988
- Tiffany Mynx, American pornographic actress and film director
- Tiffany Pollard, American reality television personality
- Tiffany Scott, American figure skater
- Tiffany Selby, American model
- Tiffany Sessions (born 1968), American woman who has been missing since 1989
- Tiffany Taylor (model), American nude model
- Taryn Terrell, a former WWE performer, who goes by the ring name of "Tiffany"
- Tiffani Thiessen (born 1974), American actress
- Tiffany Trump (born 1993), daughter of Donald Trump and Marla Maples
- Tiffany Thornton, American actress and singer
- Tiffany van Soest (born 1989), American kickboxer
- Tiffany Villarreal, American singer
- Tiffany Vise (born 1986), American figure skater
- Tiffany Whitton (born 1987), American woman who been missing since 2013
- Tiffany Yong (born 1988), Singaporean actress and blogger
- Tiffany Young (born 1989), American singer active in South Korea
- Tiffany (comics), a character in the comic book Spawn
- Tiffany (Child's Play), one of the antagonists in Bride of Chucky as well as Seed of Chucky
- Tiffany Aching, a character from the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett
- Tiffany Case, a character from the James Bond novel and movie Diamonds Are Forever
- Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett, a character from the Netflix series Orange Is the New Black
- Tiffany Lords, a character from the Rival Schools video game series
- Tiffany Malloy (character), a character from the sitcom Unhappily Ever After.
- Tiffany Maxwell, the main character of the film Silver Linings Playbook
- Tiffany Mitchell, a character on the BBC soap opera EastEnders. Another character, Tiffany Dean, was named after her.
- Elizabeth Gidley Withycombe, The Oxford dictionary of English Christian names, 1947
- "Girl Name Tiffany - Trends, Comments and Popularity of Tiffany". www.babynameshub.com. Retrieved 2018-02-23.
- "Behind the Name" 
- "The James Bond 007 Dossier" 
- Stefan Grobe, "Donald Trump's family – his nearest and dearest (and closest advisors)", Euronews, 1/17/2017
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|