January 6, 1982
Utica, New York
|Other names||New York|
|Occupation||Reality television star
Tiffany "New York" Pollard (born January 6, 1982) is an American reality television personality and actress. She is best known for her participation in VH1's Flavor of Love and I Love New York television series. Pollard was given the nickname "New York" by rapper Flavor Flav, whom she dated on both season 1 and season 2 of Flavor of Love. She is also known colloquially by her self-proclaimed nickname, the "HBIC (Head Bitch In Charge)", which she exclaimed in the Flavor of Love series to taunt her competitors.
- 1 Personal life
- 2 Television appearances
- 3 Acting career
- 4 Filmography
- 5 Other television appearances
- 6 Theatre
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Pollard was born in Utica, New York to Michelle Rothschild-Patterson (also known as "Sister Patterson") and Alex Pollard. She has an older brother named Derek. Professionally, Pollard has used the surnames of both her parents, who are unmarried. She attended John F. Kennedy Middle School and graduated from Thomas R. Proctor High School.
Pollard was engaged to I Love New York season 1 winner Patrick "Tango" Hunter for a sixth-month period until Hunter called off the engagement on the reunion show. She was also engaged to George "Tailor Made" Weisgerber, the winner of I Love New York 2. On September 8, 2008, she announced on episode 6 of her show, New York Goes to Hollywood, that she had officially separated from Weisgerber.
Flavor of Love
Pollard clashed with virtually all the other contestants. Although these feuds were, in general, nothing more than screaming matches, an incident in the penultimate episode of season one led to violence. After her elimination, an outraged Brooke "Pumkin" Thompson spat on Pollard after the two had exchanged words. Pollard vowed to "whoop Pumkin's ass", and attempted to do so at the season one reunion. The moment was rated number one on various VH1 and MTV reality show specials, including VH1's 20 Greatest Celebreality Fights. While on the series, Pollard shared a kiss with Flavor Flav that was the longest kiss in reality television history. The final two contestants journeyed to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico where Flavor Flav chose Nicole "Hoopz" Alexander over Pollard, to be his mate.
Flavor of Love 2
After his relationship did not work out with Alexander, Flavor Flav chose to do a second season of his dating show and invited Pollard to help him eliminate contestants halfway through the season. She agreed and was later added as a participant. In the finale, Flav chose Deelishis over Pollard. Pollard verbally fought with Flav in the season finale, asking why he had brought her back only to be ultimately eliminated. However, the two announced on the Flavor of Love: After the Lovin reunion show that aired October 28, 2006, that they would remain friends.
I Love New York
I Love New York was Tiffany Pollard's first reality television series on VH1. The series is a spin-off of another relationship competition series, the Flavor of Love, which featured Pollard as a finalist in two consecutive seasons. In July 2006, VH1 published a casting call for contestants for a new series tentatively titled The Flavorette. Various blogs speculated that the star of this program could be Flavor of Love season 1 contestant Rain, Hoopz (Nicole Alexander) or Pollard. Before the season 2 Flavor of Love finale, Pollard denied having her own show but after the finale aired, she confirmed she was the "Flavorette" and that she was already down to the final three contestants. The show premiered on Monday, January 8, 2007 and was the most-watched series debut in VH1 history with 4.426 million viewers. Its season 1 finale brought in 4.8M million viewers and its reunion show ratings held 5.01 million viewers. Spin-offs from the series include I Love Money, New York Goes to Hollywood, Real Chance of Love, New York Goes to Work, and Frank the Entertainer in a Basement Affair.
I Love New York 2
I Love New York 2 premiered October 8, 2007 on VH1. In the finale of I Love New York 2, contestant "Tailor Made" (real name George Weisgerber) proposed to Pollard, but was turned down. The finale earned 5.4 million viewers. During the I Love New York 2 reunion special, Tailor Made proposed a second time and Pollard accepted. The reunion special earned 4.86 million viewers.
New York Goes to Hollywood
New York Goes to Hollywood premiered August 4, 2008 on VH1. The eight episode season follows Pollard as she tries to establish herself as an actress in Hollywood, California.
New York Goes to Work
New York Goes to Work premiered on May 4, 2009. The reality show follows Pollard as she searches for a regular job. The jobs are selected by fans (via text messaging) from a list of three possible jobs for each episode. Pollard receives a $10,000 bonus each week if she is able to impress her employer. However, if she instead quits, fails or gets fired, she receives no bonus for the week. Altogether, Pollard wins $4.50, earning bonuses in 4 jobs (in episodes 1, 2, 5 and 6); losing, failing in, or quitting 4 jobs (in episodes 3, 4, 7 and 8); and coming to a draw in the season finale. At the end of the series, a mobile poll is presented giving three choices for New York's next task, and the most votes are cast for I Love New York 3.
I Love New York 3
Production for I Love New York 3 was set to kick off sometime in the first quarter of 2010; however, prior to that time frame, VH1 requested immediate cancellation on the Celebreality franchise and shelved plans for I Love New York 3. In the summer of 2011, Pollard hinted that I Love New York 3 was cancelled due to the murder-suicide case of Ryan Jenkins, who was a former contestant of Megan Wants a Millionaire.
On April 14, 2015, Pollard appeared on an episode of the E! Network's series, Botched, where she details her botched surgeries that have left her breasts sagging with extra skin. She appears on the show in hopes of getting them corrected, so she may resume her reality TV career. 
Pollard participated in a 2009 national tour of the Vagina Monologues with an all-black cast, most of whom are also former reality show contestants. Pollard has also appeared in a play called The Clean Up Woman in 2009, and The Trial of The Chicago 7 in 2010. In 2011, Pollard appeared on the game show Baggage, in which her biggest baggage was that she was on "I Love New York" as well as had a romantic relationship with Flavor Flav.
|2006||Flavor of Love||Contestant and runner-up of first 2 seasons|
|2007||The Tyra Banks Show||Guest|
|2007||Jimmy Kimmel Live||Guest|
|2007-2008||I Love New York||Herself; 2 seasons|
|2008||New York Goes to Hollywood||Herself|
|2009||New York Goes to Work||Herself|
|2008||First Sunday||Client||As Omunique's Client|
Other television appearances
- Chelsea Lately (2 episodes, 2007–2008)
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! (1 episode, 2007)
- The Tyra Banks Show (1 episode, 2007)
- Maury (1 episode, 2007)
- MTV's Say What? Karaoke (1 episode, 2007)
- Nip/Tuck (1 episode, 2007 season 5)
- What Perez Sez (1 episode, 2007)
- Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School (1 episode, 2007)
- VH1's 20 Greatest Celebreality Fights (2007, Commentary)
- Baggage (game show) (Season 3 Episode 71, 2011)
- DTLA (Episode 3 and 4, 2012)
- Life After (1 episode, 2012)
- That Sex Show (2013, Commentary)
- Botched (1 episode, 2015)
- LaRue, William (January 8, 2007). "She loves VH1 ... and it loves her". The Post-Standard.
- Breen, Matthew (January 2007). "Who Loves You, Baby?". Out. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- "I Love New York: Summary". TV.com. November 2006. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- "Flavor of Love: Boxin Each Other Out". TV.com. September 2006. Retrieved June 14, 2007.
- "Ask New York – More of Your Questions Answered". VH1 Blog. November 29, 2007. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Daniels, Karu F. (2007-01-06). "Miss New York: Busting Loose, Part One". Black Voices. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- De Leon, Kris. (April 17, 2007). "I Love New York Star Rejected By Her Chosen Suitor". BuddyTV. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "New York Goes to Hollywood: Episode 6 Extras". VH1. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "Flavor Of Love: The Spit Hits The Fan". VH1. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "Flavor Of Love: Reunion Exclusives!". VH1. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Roberts, Caroline. (March 13, 2006). "A Dose of Reality: Flavor of Love – Finale". The Trades. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Kahn, Daniel. (October 13, 2006). "Feeling the Flavor". Brandeis Hoot. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Ryan, Joal. (October 18, 2007). "A Deelishis Ratings Hit". E! Online. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "Flavor of Love 2 Finale: Belize in Love". VH1.com. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "Flavor of Love 2: After the Lovin'". VH1.com. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- "New York, White Rapper Make VH1 Sing". Multichannel News. January 11, 2007. Retrieved January 13, 2007.
- "VH1 Premieres 'I Love New York 2' on Monday, October 8 AT 9PM". The Futon Critic. October 1, 2007. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Kaplan, Don (December 18, 2007). "New York in Love, Tailor Made Suits VH1 Star". New York Post. Retrieved December 19, 2007.
- Baker, K.C. "I Love New York star engaged to Tailor Made". People. Retrieved December 26, 2007.
- "New York Goes to Work, Comes Back to VH1". VH1. March 27, 2009. Retrieved March 27, 2009.
- "Tiffany “New York” Pollard Returns On E! Show “Botched”". BallerStatus.com. April 15, 2015.
- Dehnart, Andy (February 5, 2009). "Reality Stars Will Perform in the Vagina Monologues". Reality Blurred.
- West, Kelly (December 3, 2007). "New York Set To Guest Star On Nip/Tuck This Week". Cinema Blend. Retrieved 2009-03-14.
- Sicha, Choire (July 27, 2008). "Sunday Conversation: Tiffany Pollard". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2009-03-14.