Tiffany Dawn Thornton
February 14, 1986
College Station, Texas, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, radio personality, singer|
(m. 2011; died 2015)
Tiffany Dawn Thornton (born February 14, 1986) is an American actress, radio personality and singer best known for her co-starring role as Tawni Hart on the Disney Channel Original Series, Sonny with a Chance and the spinoff, So Random!.
Thornton made her television acting debut in the pilot episode of the Fox sitcom, Quintuplets. She then went on to appear in 8 Simple Rules, American Dreams, The O.C., Desperate Housewives, That's So Raven, Jericho, Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana.
In 2009, Thornton co-starred as Tawni Hart on the Disney Channel Original Series Sonny with a Chance and then went on to play a part in the Disney Channel Original Movie Hatching Pete. After Sonny with a Chance ended in early 2011, it was replaced by So Random! in the summer of 2011 and ended in 2012, where Thornton reprised her role as Tawni Hart.
From 2015 to 2016, Thornton was a radio personality for KLAZ 105.9 based in Hot Springs, Arkansas. She co-hosted the morning show "Kramer and Tiffany", as well as hosted her own mid-day show. She is also a blogger for DisneyBaby.com.
In December 2009, Thornton became engaged to her boyfriend, Christopher Carney, a probation officer and former lead singer of the band The Prom Kings. The couple were married on November 12, 2011 at Garvan Woodland Gardens, in Hot Springs National Park in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
On February 13, 2012, Thornton announced that she was pregnant with their first child. On August 14, 2012, she gave birth to their first son, Kenneth James. The child's godparents are actors Cassandra Scerbo and Wilmer Valderrama. On October 25, 2013, Thornton announced that she was pregnant with her second child. On March 1, 2014, she gave birth to their second son, Bentley Cash. On December 4, 2015, Carney was killed in a car accident.
In January 2017, Thornton began a relationship with family friend and worship pastor Josiah Capaci. The couple announced their engagement on April 8, 2017. They were married on October 7, 2017. On April 11, 2018, the couple announced her pregnancy. On November 9, 2018, they had their first child together a daughter, Juliet Joy. On December 6, 2020, the couple announced her pregnancy. On July 21, 2021, they had their second child together, a daughter, Kimber Jo.
|2014||The Dog Who Saved Easter||Karen|
|2004||8 Simple Rules||Marnie||Episode: "Car Trouble?|
|2005||American Dreams||Tonya||Episodes: "Truth Be Told" & "Home Again"|
|2005||The O.C.||Ashley||Episodes: "The Shape of Things to Come", "The Disconnect" & "The Safe Harbor"|
|2006||Desperate Housewives||Barbie||Episode: "No One Is Alone"|
|2006||That's So Raven||Tyler Sparks||Episode: "Checkin' Out"|
|2006||Jericho||Stephanie Lancaster||Pilot episode|
|2007–2008||Hannah Montana||Becky||Episodes: "Get Down, Study-udy-udy" & "Yet Another Side of Me"|
|2007||Wizards of Waverly Place||Susan||Episode: "Movies"|
|2009–2011||Sonny with a Chance||Tawni Hart||Main cast, Disney Channel Original Series|
|2009||Hatching Pete||Jamie Wynn||Disney Channel Original Movie|
|2009||Lights, Camera, Take Action! Backstage with Disney's Friends for Change||Herself / Host||Television special|
|2010||Fish Hooks||Doris Flores Gorgeous (voice)||Episode: "Doris Flores Gorgeous"|
|2010||Kick Buttowski: Suburban Daredevil||Teena Sometimes (voice)||Episode: "Frame Story/And... Action!"|
|2011–2012||So Random!||Tawni Hart||Main cast, Disney Channel Original Series|
|2011||Disney's Friends for Change Games||Herself||Co-host|
|2011||Pixie Hollow Games||Glimmer (voice)||TV special|
|2011||PrankStars||Herself||Episode: "Stick It To Me"|
|2012||Game Change||Meghan McCain||TV film|
|2012||Doc McStuffins||Xyla||Episode: "Gulpy Gulpy Gators!/One Note Wonder"|
|2014–2015||Muertoons||Lupita (voice)||Main role|
|2009||"Let It Go" (with Mitchel Musso)||Disney Channel Playlist|
|2009||"Some Day My Prince Will Come"||Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: Diamond Edition DVD/Blu-ray|
|2009||"Magic Mirror"||Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure|
|2009||"I Believe" (with Kermit the Frog)|
|2010||"If I Never Knew You"||DisneyMania 7|
|2010||"Kiss Me"||Sonny with a Chance|
|2010||"Sure Feels Like Love"||Sonny with a Chance|
|2011||"Gift of Grammar"||Gift of Grammar - Single|
|2012||"Bring Love to Me"||Grafted|
|2014||"Spotlight" (Ashton Taylor featuring Tifanny Thornton)||Fun In The Sun|
|2008||"La La Land"||Demi Lovato|
|2009||"Someday My Prince Will Come"||Herself|
|2009||"Let It Go" (with Mitchel Musso)|
|2009||"I Believe"||Herself with Kermit the Frog|
- Jennifer Matarese. Tiffany Thornton talks about Disney's 'So Random!'. WABC. Accessed 2011-11-11.
- "Sonny With a Chance - TV Series - Cast, Credits, Awards". New York Times. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "Tiffany Thornton". KLAZ 105.9. Archived from the original on 2015-06-19.
- "Tiffany Thornton". Disney Baby.
- "Headed Back to Hot Springs". Tiffany Thornton.
- Matarese, Jennifer (2011). "Tiffany Thornton talks about Disney's 'So Random!'". abclocal.go.com. Archived from the original on 2012-02-26. Retrieved 2016-11-22.
- "Tiffany Thornton Q & A | Disney Channel Fans". 2009-07-15. Retrieved 2013-04-08.
- "Disney Channel Star Tiffany Thornton Is Engaged". People Magazine. Retrieved 2010-02-04.
- "Celebrity Real Wedding in Hot Springs: Tiffany Thornton & Chris Carney". Arkansas Bride.
- Thornton, Tiffany [@therealtiffany] (February 13, 2012). "@ChrisGCarney and I are SO EXCITED to announce that we are going to be parents!! that's right...I'm pregnant! We couldn't be happier! :)" (Tweet). Retrieved February 13, 2012 – via Twitter.
- Carney, Chris [@ChrisGCarney] (August 14, 2012). "@therealTiffany and just had our first Son KJ!!! 8-14-12 So amazing!!!" (Tweet). Retrieved 2012-08-14 – via Twitter.
- Gicas, Peter (August 14, 2012). "Tiffany Thornton, Demi Lovato's Disney Pal, Welcomes a Son". People's Choice. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- "Our precious son Bentley Cash Carney was born this morning perfectly healthy and cute as can be :) #Godisgood #blessed #family @chrisgcarney". Instagram. March 1, 2014.
- "Ark. rocker, MTV reality show personality Chris Carney dies in crash on Highway 70". KTHV. December 6, 2015. Archived from the original on 2015-12-06.
- "Tiffany Thornton on Instagram". Instagram. April 8, 2017.
- Fernandez, Alexia (October 10, 2017). "Disney Alum Tiffany Thornton Defends Decision to Remarry 2 Years After Husband's Death". People. Retrieved October 12, 2017.
- Mizoguchi, Karen (April 11, 2018). "Disney Channel Alum Tiffany Thornton Is Pregnant with Her Third Child". People. Retrieved February 1, 2019.
- Goldstein, Joelle (November 9, 2018). "Disney Channel Alum Tiffany Thornton Welcomes Daughter Juliet 'Jules' Joy". People. Retrieved November 9, 2018.
- "Tiffany Thornton Is Pregnant! Disney Channel Alum Expecting Fourth Child: 'We Are Over the Moon'". People. December 6, 2020.
- "Disney Channel Alum Tiffany Thornton Welcomes Her Fourth Baby: 'She's Here'". People. Retrieved July 21, 2021.
- "Debut of "Let it Go" by Mitchel Musso and Tiffany Thornton to debut on Disney Channel and Disney.com". Laughing Place. 2009-03-17. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "Interview with Shine On Media". Shine on Media. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tiffany Thornton.|