Tiffin School Boat Club
|Tiffin School Boat Club|
|Location||Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom|
|Home water||Between Kingston Bridge and Teddington Lock|
The Tiffin School Boat Club (also known as TSBC) is an amateur rowing club, based in London, run by Tiffin School. It is based on the River Thames at Kingston upon Thames on the outskirts of Greater London in south-east England between Kingston Bridge and Teddington Lock.
TSBC, Kingston Rowing Club and Kingston Student Rowing Club share the boathouse located in Canbury Gardens on the Surrey bank, overlooking Steven's Eyot downstream. The site lease was renewed in 2010.
The current head coach at the club is Alex DiLuzio, whilst the boatman, David White, manages all the club's equipment. The club has managed in the past to qualify boats for the Henley Royal Regatta.
The boat club usually accepts members of age groups J14 to J18 (or students in years 9 to 13). Generally, a series of tests compromising of ergometer trials, as well as a run, sees 30 students who trial in year 9 join the boat club. However, it is generally possible for willing students to join, without trial, later on in the school. The boat club will also accept younger members if they have previous rowing or sculling experience. Members may also continue to participate in TSBC activities after leaving Tiffin School.
- "Tiffin School Boat Club (TFN) | British Rowing". Retrieved 27 January 2011.
- "Meetings, Agendas, Minutes - 20/07/2010 - Executive (Item 23) CANBURY BOATHOUSE, CANBURY GARDENS, KINGSTON". Retrieved 27 March 2011.
- "Tiffin Small Boats Head website". Retrieved 26 June 2008.
- "OK Row". Retrieved 26 June 2008.
- "2011 Tiffin Girls' Newsletter" (PDF). Retrieved October 2011. Check date values in: