|President||Dr. Paul Marion|
|Location||Tiffin, Ohio, United States|
|Campus||Urban, 115 acres (0.47 km2)|
|Athletics||22 Division II NCAA teams|
|Colors||Green & Gold|
Tiffin University is a private coeducational university in Tiffin, Ohio, United States. Founded in 1888, Tiffin University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) for the undergraduate and graduate degree programs offered at the main campus in Tiffin, Ohio, at the University of Bucharest in Romania, and at several locations in Ohio, including the Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, Fremont, and Lima areas, as well as online.
Tiffin University offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. The university is home to three academic schools: the School of Arts & Sciences, School of Business, and School of Criminal Justice & Social Sciences. Pfeiffer Library is the main campus library.
The School of Arts and Sciences offers a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Arts Administration (with concentrations in Music Industry and Visual Arts), Communication, Cyber-Defense and Information Assurance, English, General Science, Government and National Security, History, Professional Music, Professional Studies, and Psychology (with concentrations in Addictions Counseling, Experimental Psychology, and Human Services). Teacher education programs are offered through a partnership with Lourdes College, and the Associate of Arts in Paraprofessional Education is offered as a joint program with Heidelberg College. Students can also achieve a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Exercise Science, Forensic Science, Information Technology, and Healthcare Administration.
The School of Business offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Accounting, Computer and Information Systems, Finance, Management, Marketing, Organizational Management, and Sports and Recreation Management, as well as an Associate of Business Administration in Accounting, Business, Computer and Information Systems, and Health Administration.
The School of Criminal Justice and Social Sciences offers Bachelor of Criminal Justice (BCJ) degree in Corrections, Criminalistics, Digital Forensics, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security & Terrorism, Justice Administration, and Law Enforcement, as well as an Associate of Criminal Justice degree in Law Enforcement.
Also, study abroad programs in several countries are available for undergraduate students. The university recently opened a bachelor and masters of Business Administration program in Prague, Tiffin University Prague. The university enrolls many international students, including China, Romania, and Saudi Arabia. There are a total of 29 different countries represented on campus.
Tiffin University graduate programs include a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with concentrations in Finance, General Management, Healthcare Administration, Human Resource Management, International Business, Leadership, Marketing, Non-Profit Management, and Sports Management, a Master of Education (MEd) degree with concentrations in Educational Technology and Higher Education Administration, a Master of Humanities (MH) degree with concentrations in Art & Visual Media, Communications, Creative Writing, English, Film Studies, and Individualized Studies, a Master of Science (MS) degree in Criminal Justice with concentrations in Crime Analysis, Criminal Behavior, Forensic Psychology, Homeland Security Administration, and Justice Administration, as well as a degree in Psychology.
Tiffin University is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the Master of Business Administration program is accredited by Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs, the European Council for Business Education, and the education partnership is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
The Tiffin Dragons compete in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC). Men's sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, equestrian, football, golf, soccer, swimming/diving, tennis, track & field, and wrestling. Women's sports include basketball, cross country, equestrian, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming/diving, tennis, track & field, and volleyball. Football and basketball broadcasts can be heard on WTUD TUDragonradio.com and Coast Country 100.9 WMJK and feature broadcast professionals Russell Snyder and Matt Kibler. Full hour feature programs Dragon Nation and Dragon Nation Live can also be heard on WTUD the second Monday of each month. Coaches shows can be heard weekdays on WTUD, featuring coaches and student-athletes.
Tiffin University is home to a music program that specializes in popular and commercial styles of music, and also include traditional band and choir programs. TU also offers a unique degree in professional music that allows students to focus on popular, jazz, rock, hip hop, and other commercial styles. The TU Music Department has achieved more than 10% of the campus population participating in 15-20 eclectic musical ensembles. TU has achieved regional and national acclaim for its pop a cappella and vocal jazz groups, and for incorporating hip hop performance into its music ensembles.
Tiffin University's Greek life is on the rise in recent years, with each organization contributing back to the university and community. Tiffin University has a Greek life that includes the international sisterhood Alpha Iota, as well as Zeta Pi Beta, Gamma Chi Alpha, Theta Eta Omicron, Sigma Delta Sigma, Phi Theta Pi, and Omega Psi Rho.
Fight song "Green and Gold"
We are the Tiffin Dragons, and we're out to win.
We have an old tradition, to which we owe our kin.
The Green and Gold will battle, 'til victory rings through.
We always stand behind our team from old T. U.
The Fight Song, "Green and Gold," was adopted in 1995, and uses the melody of The Trio from Salutation, a march by R. F. Seitz.
'Tis the place where I have grown,
Where my heart resides;
Green and Gold, I long for you,
You're my Tiffin Pride.
You're my Tiffin University,
You're my Tiffin Home.
Memories we'll keep of you
As our lives move on.
As your spirit points the way
Onward to the dawn.
You're my Tiffin University,
You're my Tiffin Home.
- Chris Ivory, NFL running back for the New York Jets. Attended Tiffin University.
- Nate Washington, NFL formerly wide receiver for the Tennessee Titans, and previously a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl champion teams in the 2005 and 2008 seasons. Attended Tiffin University and he holds eight individual Tiffin University receiving records, including records for receptions in a game (13), yards in a game (299), receptions in a season (70), yards in a season (1,428), touchdowns in a season (16), career receptions (212), career yards (4,214), and career touchdown receptions (47)
- George Whitfield, Jr., noted personal coach for NFL and NCAA quarterbacks. Whitfield finished third in school history in career completions (368), passing yards (4,391) and touchdowns (31). Graduated from Tiffin University in 2001.
- Sandra Williams, (D-Cleveland), State Representative for the 11th District of Ohio
- Rex Damschroder, Member of Ohio House of Representatives
- Jeffrey McClain Republican member of the Ohio House of Representatives
- Walt Jean, former professional American football player (1922–1927)
- Gary Heminger CEO, President, Marathon Petroleum Corporation (Class of '76) 
- Harry Burd, former pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies (1959–1963).
- Joe Macko, Former 16 year (1948–1964) professional baseball player. Hit over 300 minor league home runs.
- Greg Freeman, American football player
Ivy Bridge College
Ivy Bridge College of Tiffin University was a two-year online institution with operations in San Francisco, California and Toledo, Ohio. Ivy Bridge was founded in 2008 by Tiffin University and Altius Education, Inc. Ivy Bridge offers a completely online Associate of Arts in General Studies that is authorized by the Ohio Board of Regents, and is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools Commission. Degrees are awarded by Tiffin University.
This partnership was terminated in the summer of 2013 due to raising concerns about the accreditation of these degrees. Ivy Bridge College's website (http://www.ivybridge.com) no longer contains links to further information.
- Oliver Jr., J (2003). Cradles of Conscience. Kent, OH: Kent State University Press.
- DegreeFinders.com: Tiffin University
- http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=6450091&ticker=MRO https://www.marathonpetroleum.com/About_MPC/Corporate_Profile/Board_of_Directors/Gary_R_Heminger/
- Business Officer Magazine. "Enrollment Soars With Online Associate Degrees". Retrieved 25 July 2013.
- "Setting Limits for Outsourcing Online".
- Tiffin University
- Tiffin University Athletics
- Tiffin University Music
- Tiffin University Prague