Tiffany Elizabeth Hall
11 July 1984
|Occupation||Personal trainer, author, television personality, journalist|
Tiffiny Elizabeth Hall (born 11 July 1984) is an Australian personal trainer, author, journalist and television personality best known from television appearances on Gladiators, the morning show The Circle (2010), The Biggest Loser Australia: Families (2011) and The Biggest Loser Australia: Singles (2012).
Background and education
Hall was born in Melbourne, Victoria to a Martin and a Jeanette Hall. She is the oldest of three siblings, Bridgette and Lleyton. She grew up in the suburb of Essendon. Her parents, Martin and Jeanette Hall, own a Taekwondo centre headquartered in Brunswick. Hall attended Lowther Hall Anglican Grammar School, where her English teacher was Australian writer John Marsden.
Hall graduated from the University of Melbourne in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) majoring in creative writing and print journalism, and a Diploma in Modern Languages (French). Hall practises the Korean martial art of Taekwondo and is a Sixth Dan Black Belt. She is also a qualified personal trainer with a Certificate III & IV in Fitness and a Diploma of Sport Coaching with a specialisation in martial arts.
In 2010, she joined morning television show The Circle as a regular health and fitness presenter and weightloss coach to host Chrissie Swan.
In 2011, Hall joined The Biggest Loser: Families as the newest addition to the full-time cast of trainers in the sixth season of the show. During the show's three months on air she wrote a blog at the official Biggest Loser website and a weekly column for the magazine OK!. Her second non-fiction book Weightloss Warrior: How to win the battle within was released in April 2011. Tiffiny returned to train the White Team in The Biggest Loser Singles for the 2012/13 series.
Hall released her third and fourth health books, Fatloss For Good and a cookbook called Lighten Up, in 2012.
In 2012 Hall released the children's novel White Ninja, the first in her Roxy Ran trilogy of children's books published by HarperCollins. The sequel Red Samurai was released in April 2013 and the third, titled Black Warrior, in March 2014.
In 2019, she and her husband released a book entitled "A First Time For Everything" which is about their first year as parents.
- Fedele, Robert (25 September 2013). "PROFILE: Tiffiny Hall fighting for respect". Star Weekly. Archived from the original on 3 September 2015.
- Whelan, Susan (18 July 2015). "12 Curly Questions with author Tiffiny Hall". Kids Book Review. Archived from the original on 25 July 2015.
- "Tigginy[sic] Hall gets ready to join the Gladiators". Herald Sun. 13 March 2008. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Luke Dennehy (12 December 2010). "Tiffany Hall turns TV weight-loss trainer on The Biggest Loser". Herald Sun. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Hall, Tiffiny. "Weightloss Warrior". Hardie Grant. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Black Warrior, HarperCollins
- Bochenski, Natalie (15 January 2014). "Kavalee rugs up for Brisbane radio". The Sydney Morning Herald. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 27 May 2014.
- Lyall, Amy (26 September 2017). "Tiffiny Hall opens up about 'dramatic' delivery of baby Arnold". news.com.au. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
Tiffiny Hall, profile at HarperCollins