Tigbao, Zamboanga del Sur
Location in Zamboanga del Sur
|Region||Zamboanga Peninsula (Region IX)|
|Province||Zamboanga del Sur|
|District||2nd district of Zamboanga del Sur|
|Founded||November 8, 1991|
|• Mayor||Danilo E. Dalid|
|• Total||120.69 km2 (46.60 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||170/km2 (450/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)62|
|Income class||5th municipal income class|
|Electorate||11,197 voters as of 2016|
Tigbao is a fifth class municipality in the province of Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines. According to the 2015 census, it has a population of 20,979 people. The town was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 7162 on November 8, 1991.
Mount Timolan, the highest peak in Zamboanga del Sur, overlooks the town.
- Diana Countryside
- New Tuburan
- Upper Nilo
|Population census of
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 12 May 2014. Retrieved 17 July 2014.
- "Province: ZAMBOANGA DEL SUR". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- Census of Population (2015). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Republic Act No. 7162; An Act Creating the Municipality of Tigbao in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur". Chan Robles Virtual Law Library. 8 November 1991. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- Census of Population and Housing (2010). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay. NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- Census of Population (1995, 2000 and 2007). "Region IX (Zamboanga Peninsula)". Total Population by Province, City and Municipality. NSO. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
|This article about a location in Zamboanga Peninsula region is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|