Okoshi collaborated in the 1970s with Gary Burton, and played with the Mike Gibbs Orchestra at Carnegie Hall in 1974. Following this he toured with Buddy Rich. In the early 1990s he played in George Russell's Living Time Orchestra and recorded with Rakalam Bob Moses. In the early 2000s he recorded several songs on Bruce Arnold's cd "Orpheus Again". He is currently a professor at Berklee.
- Tiger's Baku with Vinnie Colaiuta, Gerry Etkins, Steve Forman, Robert Gonzales, Quinous Johnson, Tim Landers, Mike Stern, 1980–81
- Mudd Cake, Japan, JVC VIJ-28017, 1982.
- Face to Face with Gerry Etkins, Rikiya Higashihara, Takayuki Hijikata, Koh Shimizu, 1989
- That Was Then, This Is Now with Gerry Etkins, Rikiya Higashihara, Takayuki Hijikata, Koh Shimizu, 1990
- Echoes of a Note with Jay Anderson, Peter Erskine, Béla Fleck, Gil Goldstein, Mike Stern, 1993
- Two Sides to Every Story with Jack DeJohnette, Vic Firth, Gil Goldstein, Dave Holland, Mike Stern, 1994
- Color of Soil with Jay Anderson, Kenny Barron, Mino Cinelu, Hank Roberts, 1998
- Orpheus Again with Bruce Arnold, John Arnold, Elliot Sherman, Howie Hersh, Brad Delp and Bernard Purdie, 2010