Tiger tail ice cream
Tiger tail ice cream (also called tiger tiger, or simply tiger flavour) is an orange-flavoured ice cream with black licorice swirl. It is named for its resemblance to orange and black tiger stripes. Tiger tail is most popular in parts of Canada and not often found elsewhere. Created by Morgan Carr, it is a distinctly flavoured ice cream. Tiger tail is popular with children. This flavour of ice cream is offered by such companies as Kawartha Dairy Company and Baskin-Robbins. Tiger tail is considered a retro ice cream flavour and it has seen a nostalgia-related resurgence in recent years.
- Beverley Mitchell (July 31, 1989). "Grown-ups are Biggest Consumers of Ice Cream". The Gazette. p. B7.
- Julie Crawford (June 14, 2002). "Seeking Out Your Just Desserts". North Shore News. p. 8.
- Shelley Boettcher (June 13, 2010). "Scream for Ice Cream". Calgary Herald. p. D5.
- Jason Rehel (March 26, 2011). "The Ice Cream will Float Your Boat". National Post. p. TO4.
- Wency Leung (July 14, 2010). "Chill Out". The Globe and Mail. p. L1.