|Origin||Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Genres||Emo, indie rock, pop punk|
|Labels||Summersteps, Prison Jazz, Photobooth, Run for Cover, No Sleep, Tiny Engines, Shout Out Loud Prints, Topshelf, Memory Music|
|Past members||Adam McIlwee
Tigers Jaw is an American rock band from Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States. They have released three studio albums They also released a 7" vinyl, "Spirit Desire", in 2009, on Tiny Engines. On March 21, 2013, Tigers Jaw announced that they will be going on hiatus. However, on August 6, 2013, Run for Cover Records posted that the band never officially stated that they were going to break up. The band would still be making music. Since, they have recorded a new album with all of the original members entitled Charmer which was released in June 2014.
Early years and Tigers Jaw (2006–12)
AbsolutePunk gave their self-titled album a generally positive review, noting that "Tigers Jaw is fueled by emotionally-driven lyrics brought to life by vocalist Adam McIlwee, whose voice is one of those that reveal passion while at the same time giving the impression that he's barely trying. Aforementioned opener "The Sun" is one of the better tracks on the album, offering up a well-organized mix of Tigers Jaw's two personas." 
Another punk music website, Punknews.org, in their critique of their second eponymous album, felt that the tracks "'Plane vs. Tank vs. Submarine' and 'Chemicals' were particularly notable for "solid guitar work in the form of weeping, goosebump-inducing solos. Strong vocal harmonies and bouncy guitar work carry both "I Saw Water" and "Heat" to heights other bands would have a hard time reaching." 
On March 21, 2013, Tigers Jaw made an announcement on their tumblr:
|“||"After our show in Scranton two weeks ago, Adam, Pat, and Dennis let Ben and I know that for personal reasons they are unable to do Tigers Jaw anymore. This was a surprise for the both of us, but everyone is on good terms, and we respect and support them and their decisions.
A full band Tigers Jaw lineup (consisting of Ben and I with the help of some talented friends) will be doing a full US tour in May–June as well as the UK dates of the previously announced tour with the Menzingers in August. We regret to announce that we will have to cancel the mainland Europe dates. We apologize to the promoters, venues, and anyone who bought tickets.
These are likely to be the last Tigers Jaw tours for the foreseeable future. U.S. tour dates will be announced soon. Thanks.
Many fans interpreted this announcement to mean that the band was breaking up. However, Ben Walsh (vocals, guitar) and Brianna Collins (vocals, keyboards) have since clarified that they will continue doing Tigers Jaw as a two piece. Members of Basement filled in for former members of Tigers Jaw during their 2013 UK tour.
Tigers Jaw announced their newest studio album, Charmer, on March 21, 2014 along with the single "Nervous Kids". They played a U.S. tour with Touché Amoré and Dads in Summer 2014. They have recently announced a U.S. tour with Lemuria and Somos in Spring 2015. In May 2015, it was announced that Tigers Jaw would be touring the U.S. with New Found Glory and Yellowcard in the Fall of that year.
- Studio albums
- Belongs to the Dead (2006)
- I'm on Your Side (2007)
- Tigers Jaw (2008)
- Two Worlds (2010)
- Charmer (2014) U.S. number 49
- EPs and singles
- Spirit Desire (Tiny Engines, 2009)
- Split with Balance and Composure (No Sleep/Run for Cover, 2010)
- Run for Cover Acoustic Series No. 1 (Run for Cover, 2010)
- Run for Cover Acoustic Series No. 2 (Run for Cover , 2010)
- "Split with the Sidekicks" (Shout Out Loud Prints, 2011)
- "Gypsy" b/w "Jimmy Piersall" (Alternate Version) (Run for Cover , 2011)
- "Chemicals" (Alternate Version) (Run for Cover, 2011)
- "Split with Tiny Empires" (Run for Cover, 2012)
- Split with Code Orange Kids, The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die, and Self Defense Family (Run for Cover, 2013)
- "Hum" b/w "Cool" (Run for Cover Records, 2013)
- Live albums
- "Studio 4 Acoustic Session" (Memory Music, 2015)
- Music videos
- "Two Worlds" (2010)
- "Hum" (2014)
- Compilation appearances
- Compilation Blues! (Summersteps Records, 2008)
- The Dan Aykroyd Compilation (Summersteps Records, 2009)
- Mixed Signals (Run for Cover Records, 2011)
- The Kids Are Alright (Fair Weather Records, 2011)
- Stuck in the Valley (Walk All Night Records, 2012)
- Off the Board: A Studio 4 Family Compilation (Will Yip, 2013)
- Deming, Mark. "Artist Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved September 20, 2014.
- "Two Worlds CD Run for Cover Records". Run for Cover Records. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Tiny Engines Spirit Desire". Tiny Engines Records. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Tigers Jaw never said they were breaking... - Run For Cover Records". Facebook.com. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "Tigers Jaw - Tigers Jaw". Absolute Punk.net. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "Tigers Jaw - Tigers Jaw". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2011-06-16.
- "tigers jaw â€” Announcement". Tigersjaw.tumblr.com. 2013-03-21. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "Setting the record straight: The parallel lives of Tigers Jaw and Three Man Cannon | The Key". Thekey.xpn.org. 2014-06-13. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "Tigers Jaw UK Tour Video". YouTube.com. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- "Tigers Jaw - Chart history". Billboard.com. 2014-06-21. Retrieved 2015-05-15.
- Tigers Jaw on Run for Cover Records