|• Mayor||Ivan Klarin (SDP)|
|• Total||67.03 km2 (25.88 sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
The municipality extends both to several other villages on the island as well as several nearby villages inland.
- Betina, population 697
- Dazlina, population 45
- Dubrava kod Tisna, population 179
- Jezera, population 886
- Tisno, population 1,287
Tisno has a memorial-site dedicated to Croatian civilians killed and dropped into a local pit in the aftermath of World War II by the communist Yugoslav regime. Estimates of the number of people killed are in the range of a couple hundred.
Tisno was referred to as Tijesno up to the census of 1981.
The parish church of St.Spirit's from 1548 was renewed in baroque style in 1640 and enlarged in 1840. The church tower was built in 1684 by the local architects. The church of Our Lady of Caravaggio is a votive church of the Italian family of Gelpis built at the beginning of the 18th century. Each year on 26 May, thousands of pilgrims come from all over the world.
The nearby area known as The Garden is host to a number of yearly electronic music festivals- such as Electric Elephant, Stopmakingsense and Soundwave- featuring an array of established House and Techno DJs .
- "Population by Age and Sex, by Settlements, 2011 Census: Tisno". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Population by Ethnicity, by Towns/Municipalities, 2011 Census: County of Šibenik-Knin". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012.
- "Povijest". Tisno. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
-  Archived 9 June 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- [dead link]
- "Ivinj Archeological Site (Ivinj, Northern Dalmatia, Croatia)". Aquarius Online. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- "Ovo su svjetski glazbeni festivali koji "oduzimaju dah", a među njima je i jedan u Hrvatskoj - black". Index.hr. 2015-01-03. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
- "Electric Elephant 2016 Tickets & Line-up". Festival Mag. 2013-01-18. Retrieved 2015-09-06.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tisno.|