Tikamgarh (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
Tikamgarh Vidhan Sabha constituency is one of the 230 Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly) constituencies of Madhya Pradesh state in central India. This constituency came into existence in 1951, as one of the 48 Vidhan Sabha constituencies of the erstwhile Vindhya Pradesh state.
Tikamgarh is part of Tikamgarh Lok Sabha constituency along with seven other Vidhan Sabha segments, namely, Jatara, Prithvipur, Niwari and Khargapur in this district and Maharajpur, Chhatarpur and Bijawar in Chhatarpur district.
Members of Legislative Assembly
As from a constituency of Vindhya Pradesh:
As from a constituency of Madhya Pradesh:
- 1957: Ram Krishna, Indian National Congress
- 1962: Gyanendra Singh Dev, Independent
- 1967: Gyanendra Singh Dev, Indian National Congress
- 1972: Sardar Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1977: Maganlal Goyal, Janata Party
- 1980: Sardar Singh, Indian National Congress (I)
- 1985: Yadvendra Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1990: Maganlal Goyal, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 1993: Yadvendra Singh, Indian National Congress
- 1998: Maganlal Goyal, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2003: Akhand Pratap Singh Yadav, Bharatiya Janata Party
- 2008: Yadvendra Singh, Indian National Congress
- 2013: Krishna Kumar Shrivastava, Bharatiya Janata Party
- "District/Assembly List". Chief Electoral Officer, Madhya Pradesh website. Archived from the original on 1 December 2015. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Statistical Report on General Election, 1951 to the Legislative Assembly of Vindhya Pradesh" (PDF). Election Commission of India website. p. 5.
- "Delimitation of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies Order, 2008" (PDF). The Election Commission of India. pp. 230, 250.