|District||Vijayapur district, Karnataka|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Nearest city||Vijayapur, Karnataka|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Vijayapur|
- 1 Demographics
- 2 Geography
- 3 Agriculture
- 4 Religion
- 5 Festivals
- 6 Language
- 7 Education
- 8 Politics
- 9 Literacy Rate
- 10 Bank
- 11 PKPS
- 12 Veterinary Hospital
- 13 Agricultural Market
- 14 Health
- 15 Electric Transition Center
- 16 Police Station
- 17 Rain Measurement Center
- 18 Village Panchayat
- 19 Village Panchayat Library
- 20 Revenue Office
- 21 Hostel
- 22 Nandini KMF
- 23 Bus Station
- 24 Fair
- 25 Lake
- 26 Telephone Exchange Center
- 27 Post Office
- 28 Transportation
- 29 Taluk Panchayat Election Village
- 30 Zilla Panchayat Election Village
- 31 Highway
- 32 Climate and Temperature
- 33 References
As of 2001[update] India census, Tikota is a large village located in Bijapur Taluka of Bijapur district, Karnataka with total 2235 families residing. The Tikota village has population of 11,984 of which 6,111 are males while 5,873 are females as per Population Census 2011.
In Tikota village population of children with age 0-6 is 1596 which makes up 13.32 % of total population of village. Average Sex Ratio of Tikota village is 961 which is lower than Karnataka state average of 973. Child Sex Ratio for the Tikota as per census is 968, higher than Karnataka average of 948.
As per constitution of India and Panchyati Raaj Act, Tikota village is administrated by Sarpanch (Head of Village) who is elected representative of village. Our website, don't have information about schools and hospital in Tikota village..
The village is situated geographically at 16°50'28.2"N north latitude and 75°31'13.1"E east longitude.
The village mainly grow sugarcane, exporting international quality grapes, pomegranate, maize, and sorghum (jawar), as well as small portion of lemon, onion and turmeric etc. Irrigation via canals, bore-wells and wells.
Village is having mainly Lingayats,Hindu and Muslim community people.
Every year people are celebrating Basava Jayanti Sankranti, Ugadi, Kara Hunnume, Nagara Panchami, Deepavli, Dassara and moharam many more.
The village has a Govt Higher Primary School And Arts and Commerce degree level colleges currently working more than 5000 students.
- Govt Higher Primary School(Boys), Tikota
- Govt Higher Primary School(Girls), Tikota
- Kolhar Lower Primary School, Tikota
- Shivalaxmi Lower Primary School, Tikota
- Basaveshwar Lower Primary School, Tikota
- Siddivanayak Lower Primary School, Tikota
- Swami Vivekanand Lower Primary School, Tikota
- Shree Gajanan Primary and High School, Tikota
- Malik Sandal Urdu Primary and High School, Tikota
- Murarji Desai Residential School, Tikota
- BLDEA's English Medium Primary and High School, Tikota
- BLDEA's A B Jatti High School, Tikota
- BLDEA's A B Jatti Pre-University College, Tikota
- BLDEA's New Arts and Commerce College, Tikota
- Adarsh Para Medical College, Tikota
- Vinayak Industrial Training Institute, Tikota
- Govt Industrial Training Institute, Tikota
Tikota village has lower literacy rate compared to Karnataka. In 2011, literacy rate of Tikota village was 70.02 % compared to 75.36 % of Karnataka. In Tikota Male literacy stands at 78.08 % while female literacy rate was 61.64 %.
- DCC Bank, Tikota
- Syndicate Bank, Tikota
- ICICI Bank, Tikota
- KVG Bank, Tikota
- Primary Agricultural Finance Co-operative Society(PKPS), Tikota
- Veterinary Hospital, Tikota
- APMC Agricultural Market, Tikota
- Primary HealthCare Center, Tikota
Electric Transition Center
- 110 KV Electric Transition Center, Tikota
- Police Station, Tikota
Rain Measurement Center
- Rain Measurement Center, Tikota
- Village Panchayat, Tikota
Village Panchayat Library
- Village Panchayat Library, Tikota
- Revenue Office, Tikota
- BCM Hostel, Tikota
- Milk Production Cooperative Society, Tikota
- Govt Bus Station, Tikota
- Weekly village fair happening.
- Lake, Tikota
Telephone Exchange Center
- Telephone Exchange Center, Tikota
- STC Code - 08352
- Post Office, Tikota
- PINCode-586130 (Head Post Office at Tikota)
Taluk Panchayat Election Village
- Taluk Panchayat Election Village, Tikota
Zilla Panchayat Election Village
- Zilla Panchayat Election Village, Tikota
- State Highway - 43 => Tikota - Kanamadi - Jath
Climate and Temperature
|Climate data for Tikota|
|Average high °C (°F)||29.2
|Average low °C (°F)||15.5
|Average rainfall mm (inches)||8.6
Village has a semi-arid climate. It has an average elevation of 606 metres (1988 ft).
The climate is generally dry. In summer, especially in April and May, the temperature lays between 40 degree Celsius to 42 degree Celsius. In winter season, from November to January the temperature is between 20 degree Celsius to 30 degree Celsius. Usually the district has dry weather, so the humidity varies from 10% to 30%.
- Village code= 192000 "Census of India : Villages with population 5000 & above". Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 2008-12-18.
- "Yahoomaps India :". Retrieved 2008-12-18. Tikota, Bijapur, Karnataka