Tequila attending the Mosci fashion show at Club AREA, West Hollywood, California in October 2008.
|Born||Thien Thanh Thi Nguyen
24 October 1981
|Other names||Miss Tila|
|Home town||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Partner(s)||Casey Johnson (2007–10)|
Thien Thanh Thi Nguyen (born 24 October 1981), better known by her stage names Tila Tequila, Tila Nguyen and Miss Tila, is an American model, television personality, singer, songwriter, actress, writer and blogger. She first gained recognition for her active presence on social networking websites. After becoming the most popular person on Myspace, Tequila was offered to star in her own reality television series. Her bisexual-themed dating show, A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila (2007), aired for two seasons and became MTV's second highest-rated series premiere of that year.
Born in Singapore and raised in Houston, Texas, Tequila moved to Los Angeles in 2001 to pursue her modeling career. After being featured in numerous men's magazines (including Playboy, Stuff and Maxim), she made her reality television debut on the VH1 show Surviving Nugent (2003).
Besides her career in modeling and television, Tequila also pursued her career as a recording artist and author. She was the lead singer of the bands Beyond Betty Jean and Jealousy, before launching a solo career. Her debut single "I Love U" was released in 2007 to mixed reviews. Despite having strong online sales, the song failed to enter any charts. Tequila followed with several independently released singles, including "Stripper Friends" and "Paralyze". In 2010, she released her second EP Welcome to the Dark Side. Her book, Hooking Up With Tila Tequila: A Guide to Love, Fame, Happiness, Success, and Being the Life of the Party was published in 2008.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Other ventures
- 4 Public image
- 5 Controversy
- 6 Personal life
- 7 Discography
- 8 Filmography
- 9 Bibliography
- 10 Awards and nominations
- 11 References
- 12 External links
Nguyen was born in Singapore, where her family emigrated from Vietnam after the Vietnam War. She is the youngest of three children born to a French-Vietnamese mother and Vietnamese father. Nguyen has an older brother, Daniel, and older sister, Terri. When she was one year old, the family relocated to a neighborhood in Houston, Texas and were eventually admitted to a gated community run by a strict Buddhist temple. The family left the community when Nguyen was eight.
While in middle school, Nguyen was sent to a boarding school for six months for her combative behavior before transferring to another school. While in high school, she used her sister's identification card to enter nightclubs, where she began taking drugs and joined a gang. She was given the nickname "Tila Tequila" by friends due to her apparent allergy to alcohol. In her memoir, she would later explain that she felt "confused" and "lost" from various personal family and environmental issues and lost her virginity at 15. She turned to writing poems in an attempt to release powerful emotions, and friends outside the gang briefly helped turn her life around. At age 16, Nguyen ran away to Queens, New York, for several months. While still 16, she experienced a drive-by shooting in Houston. She reports having become pregnant and suffering a miscarriage the following year.
Nguyen graduated from Alief Hastings High School in 2000. She has cited the violent adolescence she had in Texas as her reason for becoming a model and moving to California in 2001. In a March 2003 interview, she revealed that she has taken some college classes but does not have a degree, stating, "I didn't want to go to college for an actual degree because there's nothing out there I like besides doing something that involves the entertainment industry."
2001–05: Modeling career, Beyond Betty Jean and Myspace
Nguyen's career began at the age of 19 when she was discovered at the Sharpstown Mall by a Playboy scout and was offered a chance to model nude for the magazine. She did a test shoot, then eventually moved to Southern California and was featured as Playboy's Cyber Girl of the week on 22 April 2002, and soon thereafter she became the first Asian Cyber Girl of the Month. A few more pictorials for the magazine followed.
At age 20, Nguyen acted on her interest in rock music and started looking for bands willing to let her join. She eventually assembled a band called Beyond Betty Jean, for which she was singer and songwriter. Beyond Betty Jean eventually broke up and Nguyen started working in recording studios to sharpen her vocal skills and wrote music. Later, she became the lead singer of a band called Jealousy, which released a few songs online before breaking up. In 2003, Nguyen was a contestant on VH1's Surviving Nugent, a reality TV show where participants performed compromising tasks and stunts for rock star Ted Nugent.
Nguyen gained further popularity through the import racing scene. She has been featured on the cover of Import Tuner magazine, at car shows such as Hot Import Nights, and in the video game Street Racing Syndicate. Nguyen joined Myspace in the fall of 2003 after getting booted off of Friendster multiple times. Time Magazine, in a 2006 profile of Nguyen noted her impact on the platform stating "Pre-Tila, your MySpace friends were mostly people you actually knew. Post-Tila, the biggest game on the site became Who Has the Most Friends, period, whoever they might be." also calling her, the "Queen" of the site. 
2006–09: Solo career, and A Shot at Love
During the first season of Fuse TV's dance show, Pants-Off Dance-Off, on which a group of contestants strip to music videos, Nguyen was the most frequent host.  In April 2006, during the taping of an interview with MTV's Total Request Live VJs, will.i.am announced that Nguyen had been signed to the Will.I.Am music group, a record label under A&M Records. Despite this major-label signing, Nguyen independently released her first single "I Love U" through iTunes on 27 February 2007, justifying the independent release through her desire to become famous by herself. She also shot a music video for the song. In March 2007, Washington-based record label The Saturday Team released an EP called Sex, by Tila Tequila. On 27 July 2007, Italian website MusicBlob reported that The Saturday Team and distributor Icon Music Entertainment Services sued Nguyen over breaching her contract related to the album. However, Nguyen claimed in a MySpace bulletin that the EP was not authorized for release by her, and was removed from most retailers. The Saturday Team won a legal case, making Sex available for digital purchase. Nguyen made an appearance as one of the 12 strangers in the first game on 6 April 2007 episode of NBC's game show Identity. On 4 March 2007, she made a cameo appearance on the show "The War At Home." She also appeared as a Hooters Girl in the 2007 film I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.
In May 2007, Nguyen began filming for a reality show which first aired on MTV on 9 October 2007, as A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila. The program was a bisexual-themed dating show where 16 straight men and 16 lesbian women competed for Nguyen's affections, the twist being that the contestants were not aware of her bisexuality until the end of the first episode. The ten-episode series was produced by SallyAnn Salsano and MTV. The show led to a heated online debate between Nguyen and conservative Christians after an article appeared on The Christian Post on 13 September 2007. After seeing the article, Nguyen wrote an impassioned response in her blog on 28 September 2007, criticizing churches for "bashing" the gay community while thanking God for saving her life. The show premiered for a second season in April 2008 and became a popular gossip subject in Asian media, such as AsianWeek. The season finale premiered 8 July 2008, the winner being Kristy Morgan who declined her "shot at love".
On 9 October 2007, Nguyen released her second official single, "Stripper Friends". A video premiered via Yahoo! Music on 26 February 2008 and was released to iTunes on 4 March 2008. The single failed to chart. In April 2008, the single "Paralyze" and its accompanying music video were released via Yahoo! Music and iTunes. The "I Love U Remixes" EP was released to digital music retailers on 7 April 2009. On 2 December 2008, Nguyen released a self-help book, Hooking Up with Tila Tequila: A Guide to Love, Fame, Happiness, Success, and Being the Life of the Party (ISBN 9781439101537).
2010–14: Welcome to the Darkside, sex tape controversy and hiatus
By 2010, Tequila decided to reinvent her image and changed her stage name to Miss Tila. Her first single released under the new moniker was "I Fucked the DJ", along with an edited version entitled "I Love My DJ". Released under her newly established label Little Miss Trendsetter, the single received negative reviews and failed to be successful in charts. In May, she launched her celebrity gossip blog, MissTilaOMG.com, and the EP, Welcome to the Darkside, which marked a musical departure from her previous material. Influenced by classical music and artists such as Nina Simone and Billie Holiday, Welcome to the Darkside received more positive reviews. However, it did not manage to gain commercial success.
Tequila began a tour supporting the new EP and at one of her tour stops in August 2010, she appeared at the Gathering of the Juggalos, a music festival founded by hip hop duo Insane Clown Posse. She was repeatedly pelted with rocks and bottles among other objects, and she vowed to take legal action against the organizers and promoters for the event.
In 2011, Vivid Entertainment released a video of Tequila engaging in sexual acts with pornographic actresses Kristina Rose and Charlie Laine. Tequila has stated that the video was made for personal use and she did not consent to its release.
2015–present: Celebrity Big Brother and return to music
In May 2015, it was announced that Tequila was working on new music. In June, she posted a snippet of the song "Drunk Dialing" on her Instagram and wrote it would be released in the Summer. In August, Tequila became one of the contestants on the sixteenth season of Channel 5 reality series Celebrity Big Brother. However, she was ejected from the house after just one day, due to many viewer complaints of her controversial statements made back in 2013, when she posted anti-Semitic comments and praised German dictator Adolf Hitler on Facebook. Tequila posted a snippet of "Drunk Dialing" again in September and confirmed it would be released by the end of October along with a music video. In November, Tequila and her management confirmed the single would be released on 4 December. Tequila also announced her own line of e-liquids for vaporizers in collaboration with Blaze Vapors.
In July 2001, Nguyen started the website TilasHotSpot.com, which later began redirecting to MissTila.com. Originally the site featured information, quotes, blog, and pictorials requiring adult verification and a monthly fee. Later, the site was revamped to feature all-ages content and information to promote her career, business ventures, personal information, and a premium membership section including videos, non-nude picture galleries, blogs, and chat sessions. In 2008 the site was transformed into a social network.
During 2005, Nguyen launched TilaFashion.com, a site featuring her custom line of clothing for men and women. In 2006, Nguyen created a website entitled "Tila Zone," which features content to use on Myspace and other social networking websites including layouts, widgets, and clipart.
In December 2009, Nguyen partnered with Joe Francis to launch the now-defunct dating site TilasHotSpotDating.com, aimed at people ages 18 and up. The site included a free membership with basic access, and paid membership for other areas of the site. Nguyen took in webcam chats on the site.
In 2010, Nguyen launched a celebrity blog site, MissTilaOMG.com, which was transformed into her personal blog in 2012.
Nguyen was featured on the cover of the April 2006 issue of Stuff magazine; in the interview, she claimed that her nickname "Tila Tequila" came about when she experimented with alcohol at the age of thirteen. She appeared on the August 2006 Maxim UK cover, was named #88 in their Hot 100 List, and also appeared in the December 2007 issue. She was ranked #100 on the Maxim Hot 100 list in 2008.
In December 2013, Nguyen caused controversy by posting an article on her website titled "Why I Sympathize with Hitler: Part I", though she stated that her views on Hitler were not derived from anti-Semitism on her part, nor any feelings toward Jewish people. Nguyen stated:
For those of you who focus on the victims of war well that is just part of war. What do you think war is about? People DIE in wars that is why I am against wars. It brought me to tears because I used to think all of those horrible things about him [Hitler] until I learned the truth about the war and what Hitler truly did and he was not a bad person as they have painted him out to be. Here is a man who was not a coward, stood up for his country in a DESPERATE TIME OF NEED (unlike all of our cowardly leaders), and yet not only did he try his best to help his country and people get out of what was a time of depression, economic collapse, high unemployment, amongst many other things.
She also posted pro-Hitler and anti-Semitic comments on her Facebook page, as well as photos of herself as a scantily clad Nazi posing in front of a photo of Auschwitz. These actions angered her Facebook followers, and resulted in Facebook closing her account and removing the material in question. In August 2015, Tequila became a contestant in the sixteenth series of British television reality show Celebrity Big Brother, but was asked to leave the programme on its second day when producers became aware of her comments, and following reports that she had posted images of herself posing before Auschwitz concentration camp dressed in a Nazi uniform. She subsequently apologized for her earlier comments, blaming them on depression and drug addiction.
By the end of 2007, Tequila was linked to the winner of her dating show A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila, Bobby Banhart. However, during the live broadcast of her MTV special Tila Tequila's New Year's Eve Masquerade, Tequila told her co-host Lyndsey Rodrigues: "[Banhart] called me up recently... and he broke up with me. It was definitely a total shock because that's not what I was looking for. I was looking for love and I wasn't expecting him to break up with me." The day after, she revealed more about the breakup on her Myspace. She wrote: "I wasn't expecting it at all because I thought I had finally found someone that I was compatible with, but I guess I was wrong. My hectic schedule was really hard on him and we both were getting frustrated, but at the same time... I just wanted to find someone who would understand what a crazy lifestyle I have so it's too bad that things didn't work out between us. With that said I just want to make it known that I still think Bobby is a great guy and I wish him the best." Shortly afterwards, Banhart posted a message on his Myspace stating he had never dated Tequila and that she "never called him after the last show and no one would give him her number." Tequila later came out as a lesbian rather than a bisexual and stated that she wanted to pick the show's runner-up Dani Campbell but the producers made her pick Banhart.
In August 2008, it was announced that Tequila was dating socialite and heiress Courtenay Semel. The daughter of Yahoo! CEO Terry Semel and an ex-girlfriend of Lindsay Lohan, Semel and Tequila broke up in October of that same year. However, the pair was seen together again in November. On 6 September 2009, Tequila was allegedly choked and restrained by former boyfriend Shawne Merriman, who was later arrested. San Diego district attorney Bonnie Dumanis decided not to charge Merriman after her office spent three days reviewing reports from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department. On 17 November 2009, Tequila sued Merriman for $1.5 million. Several weeks later, Merriman countersued, alleging intentional interference with contract, unfair competition, and trademark infringement. She declined to respond to his more recent actions, and a default judgment was entered in his favor for $2 million.
On 9 December 2009, Tequila stated she was engaged to heiress Casey Johnson and was photographed with a diamond ring. On 4 January 2010, Johnson, who had long suffered from Type I Diabetes, was found dead. On 4 February 2010, the Los Angeles Coroner's Office announced that Johnson "died from diabetic ketoacidosis, a life-threatening condition caused by a lack of insulin and high blood sugar". She was reported to have neglected to take her medication, and died naturally. Tequila announced plans to seek legal custody of Casey Johnson's adopted daughter, Ava Monroe Johnson, who was under the legal custody of Johnson's mother, Sale.
On 7 March 2012, it was reported that Tequila has agreed to check into rehab after having reportedly "almost died" from an attempted suicide by overdosing on pills. The incident caused her to be hospitalized from a brain aneurysm. Tequila completed her rehab treatment on 5 April 2012. Upon completing her treatment, Tequila opened up about her near-death experience to US Weekly stating "I can remember feeling like the bones were popping out the side of my head [because] the pain was so bad. I took some medications and tried to go for a nap, but when I woke up I was vomiting. I really thought I was going to die."
Tequila began dating musician Thomas Paxton Whitaker (born 1971) in 2013, which ended due to Whitaker's financial issues. On 18 April 2014, Tequila confirmed her pregnancy on her Facebook page. Tequila gave birth to her daughter Isabella Monroe Nguyen in 16 November 2014.
- Hooking Up With Tila Tequila: A Guide to Love, Fame, Happiness, Success, and Being the Life of the Party (2008)
Awards and nominations
|2007||The Soup Award||Entertainer of the Year||N/A||Won|
|2008||Spike Guys' Choice Award||So Hot They're Famous||N/A||Won|
|2008||Bravo's A-List Award||A-List Drama Queen||N/A||Won|
- Kaufman, Gil (13 April 2009). "Tila Tequila Hit By Death Hoax On Twitter". MTV. Viacom Media Networks. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Weiner, Jonah (11 April 2006). "Tila Tequila, the first star of MySpace". Slate. Retrieved 14 January 2009.
- Brown, Marisa. "Artist Biography [Tila Tequila]". Tila Tequila. AllMusic. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Bozell, L. Brent III (30 November 2007). "Tila Tequila, MTV's Latest Poison". Media Research Center. Retrieved 5 January 2008.
- Tequila, T (2008). Hooking Up With Tila Tequila. Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group. p. 6.
- "Full Biography". A Shot At Love 2 With Tila Tequila. MTV. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Nguyen, Tila (10 November 2005). "The Truth About Tila". Tila's Hotspot. Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 17 February 2006. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- "Tila Tequila". MTV.
- "Tila Tequila: Biography". Rhapsody.
- "THE TRUTH COMES OUT! I WAS PREGNANT WITH A BABY BOY!". Tila's MySpace Blog. 26 October 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2009.
- Tequila, T. (2008). Hooking Up With Tila Tequila. Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group.
- Rodriguez, Tyrone (13 March 2003). "SRS Babe of the Week: Tila Nguyen". IGN. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Nguyen, Tila (2006). "Quick Bio". The Official Tila Nguyen Website. The Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 7 May 2006. Retrieved 17 July 2008. (Retrieved through the Wayback Machine)
- "Surviving Nugent: Interviews: Tila – Contestant". VH1. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- FUNKYZEALOT (13 July 2004). "Hands-On: SRS: Street Racing Syndicate". GamePro. Archived from the original on 13 March 2010. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Grossman, Lev. "Tila Tequila". Time. Retrieved 28 January 2016.
- MusicBlob (27 July 2007). "What happened to Tila Tequila?". MusicBlob. Retrieved 27 July 2007.
- Staff (15 March 2007). "Tila Tequila Comes Home". IGN. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Lafayette, Jon (7 September 2007). "MTV Greenlights Tila Tequila Dating Show, Debuts Oct. 9". TVWeek (Crain Communications Inc.). Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Black, Nathan (13 September 2007). "MTV to Air Bisexual Dating Reality Series". The Christian Post. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Black, Nathan (2 October 2007). "MySpace 'Queen' Tila Tequila: I Made Amends with God". The Christian Post. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Shin, Elise (3 July 2008). "Tila: Happily-Never-After III". AsianWeek.com. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- "Shot at Love 3 Casting".
- "Tila Tequila Gets a Little Help From Her 'Stripper Friends'". Popeater. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
- "Tila's Hot Spot News".[dead link]
- "Scribner Signs Internet Celeb Tila Tequila". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 3 December 2008.[dead link]
- "Talking to Tila Tequila About 'Hooking Up'". MSN TV. Retrieved 3 December 2008.[dead link]
- O'Neal, Sean (11 May 2010). "Stop the presses! Tila Tequila reinvents herself as "Miss Tila" with new EP". The A.V. Club. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- "Tila Tequila Loves Her DJ". ABC News. 13 April 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Kugel, Allison (19 April 2010). "Miss Tila (Formerly Tila Tequila) Speaks Her Mind and Holds Nothing Back". PR.com. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Duke, Alan (15 August 2010). "Tila Tequila suffers cuts, but escapes juggalos attack". CNN. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- Anderson, Kyle (16 August 2010). "Tila Tequila's Juggalo Disaster Joins The List Of Wildest Stage Attacks". MTV. Retrieved 16 August 2010.
- "Tila Tequila Sex Tape – Vivid Celebs". Vivid Entertainment.
- "Porn Company: You Jacked Our Tila Sex Tape!". TMZ. 31 January 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Sokol, Tony (28 May 2015). "Tila Tequila Announces New Music, Teases Possible Tour". Daily Offbeat. Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- Stutz, Colin (28 August 2015). "Tila Tequila Kicked Off 'Celebrity Big Brother' for Nazi Sympathizing: Report". Billboard. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Benozilio, Shira (29 September 2015). "Tila Tequila Drops Preview For Upcoming Single, 'Drunk Dialing'". Hollywood Life. PMC Network. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- Daw, Robbie (29 September 2015). "Music Is Saved: Tila Tequila Previews "Drunk Dialing," First New Single In Four Years". Idolator. SpinMedia. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- Nguyen, Tila. "Tila's Hot Spot". The Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 16 July 2001. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Nguyen, Tila. "The Official Tila Tequila Website". The Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 10 June 2004. Retrieved 17 July 2008. (Retrieved from the Wayback Machine.)
- Nguyen, Tila. "The Official Tila Tequila Website". Archived from the original on 1 April 2003. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Nguyen, Tila; Taj Designs Inc. (3 January 2007). "Tila's Hot Spot Membership". Archived from the original on 3 January 2007. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Chowdhry, Amit (5 April 2008). "Pop Culture Media Community, Buzznet Acquires Stereogum Music Blog". Pulse 2.0. Retrieved 17 July 2008.
- Nguyen, Tila. "The Tila Fashion Website". The Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 6 September 2007.
- Nguyen, Tila. "The Tila Fashion Website showing original slogan". Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 11 December 2005.
- Nguyen, Tila. "The TilaZone Website". The Wayback Machine. Archived from the original on 6 September 2007.
- Nguyen, Tila. "The Official TilaZone Website". Retrieved 6 September 2007.
- "Tila's News". Tilashotspot.buzznet.com. 2 March 2010. Retrieved 13 April 2010.[dead link]
- "Tila's News". Tilashotspot.buzznet.com. 16 December 2009. Retrieved 13 April 2010.[dead link]
- Glibert, Laura (April 2006). "Enter The Dragon". Stuff.
- "Tila Tequila of 2006 Hot 100". Maxim. 2006. Retrieved 17 July 2008.[dead link]
- "Her Space". Maxim. December 2007. Retrieved 17 July 2008.[dead link]
- "2008 Hot 100". Maxim. Retrieved 22 January 2009.
- "STEPPIN' OUT MAGAZINE COVER – by tilatequila". Tilashotspot.buzznet.com. Retrieved 13 April 2010.[dead link]
- Chilson, Morgan (December 10, 2013). "Tila Tequila Says Hitler Just 'Trying His Best to Help His Country' Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/tila-tequila-hitler/2013/12/10/id/541113#ixzz2pO0YEKJk Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!". Newsmax.
- Tila Tequila, Jew(?), Converts to Sexy Hitler Tablet Magazine. 9 December 2013.
- Foxman, Abraham H. (13 December 2013). "Anti-Semitism: The Week in Review". The Huffington Post.
- "Tila Tequila thrown out of Celebrity Big Brother - BBC Newsbeat". BBC. 1 January 1970. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "Tila Tequila apologizes for anti-Semitic comments after Big Brother exit". Toronto Sun (Postmedia Network). 29 August 2015. Retrieved 3 September 2015.
- Rocchio, Christopher; Rogers, Steve (2 January 2008). "Tila Tequila and Bobby Banhart break up, MTV renews 'A Shot at Love'". Reality TV World. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "As 'Shot' Misses, Tequila Aims Anew". Chicago Tribune. 3 January 2008. p. 14.
- Mischalova (1 January 2008). "Tila Tequila Breaks Up With Bobby Banhart". The Hollywood Gossip. Archived from the original on 29 August 2008. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
well everyone wants to know so here it is she never called me after the last show and no one would give me her number so pretty much I feel like and ass but we are not 2gather u cant have a realationship bye urself ya know so now you all know and sometimes no matter how bad you want things to work out they dont and theres nothing you can do i tryed... thank you all
- "Interview: Tila Tequila". Cherry Grrl. 30 November 2009. Archived from the original on 7 May 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "DA dismisses case against Merriman". Yahoo!. 11 September 2009.[dead link]
- "NFL's Merriman arrested, accused of choking Tila Tequila". CNN. 6 September 2009. Retrieved 6 September 2009.
- Wilson, Bernie (11 September 2009). "DA dismisses case against Merriman". Associated Press. Retrieved 12 September 2009.[dead link] and
"District attorney dismisses case against LB Merriman". CBSSports.com. 11 September 2009. Retrieved 12 September 2009.
- Dominguez, Robert (17 November 2009). "Tila Tequila sues ex-beau NFL star Shawne Merriman for assault, battery, false imprisonment". Daily News (New York). Retrieved 17 November 2009.
- NFL Star Sues Tila Tequila – She Lied to Ruin Me!, 10 December 2009, TMZ.com
- "Shawne Merriman Is a Good Guy". Bleacher Report. 5 August 2001.
- "Tila Tequila Flashes Nipple, Claims Engagement To Troubled Heiress Casey Johnson". The Huffington Post. 9 December 2009. Retrieved 9 December 2009.
- Eng, Joyce (4 February 2010). "Casey Johnson Died from Diabetes-Related Condition, Coroner Says". TV Guide.
- Foster, Alistair (6 January 2010). "Billionaire’s daughter Casey Johnson dies in suspected drugs overdose". London Evening Standard. Retrieved 10 January 2010.
- "Tila Tequila Planning To Seek Custody Of Casey Johnson's Daughter". All Headline News. 13 January 2010. Retrieved 14 January 2010.
- "TILA TEQUILA Agrees to Enter Rehab After Suicide Scare". TMZ. 7 March 2012. Retrieved 7 March 2012.
- "Tila Tequila Hospitalized for Brain Aneurysm, Pill Overdose in "Attempted Suicide"". E!. 6 March 2012. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Tila Tequila Exits Rehab Following Hospitalization for Alleged Drug-Related Suicide Attempt". E!. 5 April 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Exclusive: Tila Tequila Opens Up About Rehab, Brain Aneurysm". US Weekly. 9 April 2012. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Tila Tequila Gives Birth: Former MTV Star's Baby Girl Born, Named Isabella Monroe Nguyen". Latin Post.
- "'She left me because I'm bankrupt': Tila Tequila's baby daddy Thomas Paxton Whitaker reveals 'she's already dumped him'". Daily Mail. 28 April 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Webber, Stephanie (19 April 2014). "Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child: See Baby Bump Picture". Us Weekly. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "Tila Tequila Gives Birth to Baby Girl—Find Out Her Name!". E!. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Tila Tequila Gives Birth, Welcomes Baby Daughter Isabella Monroe Nguyen!". US Magazine. 17 November 2014. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- Tila Tequila (20 December 2007). The Soup Awards: Entertainer of The Year Award (YouTube). The Soup Awards. Event occurs at 0:54. Retrieved 14 November 2008.
The Soup's Entertainer of The Year! Tila Tequila!
- Barnes, Marcus (1 June 2008). "It's Miller time at Spike awards". The Sun (London). Retrieved 6 November 2008.
- Tila Tequila (12 June 2008). Hulu – 2008 A-List Awards: Tila Tequila. Hulu. Event occurs at 1:11. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
I won the Drama Queen Awards! You know, there's actually, uh, a lot of good contenders up there, so the fact that I won is awesome! I didn't realize I was that dramatic.
Find more about
at Wikipedia's sister projects
|Media from Commons|
|Quotations from Wikiquote|