|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Tilaiya is located at.
Tilaiya Dam was constructed by Damodar Valley Corporation across the Barakar River in 1953. It is 366 metres (1,201 ft) long and 30.18 metres (99.0 ft) high. The dam boasts of picturesque surroundings with a reservoir, which extends up to 36 km2. Tilaiya hydel power station is located on the left bank of the Barakar. The structure is entirely of reinforced concrete. It has 2 generating units of 2 MW each.
Kanti village, near Tilaiya Dam and located on the south side (or left bank) of the Barakar River, has a population, as per 2011 Census of India, of 4,601 (males 2,785 and females 1,826). It is in Chandwara (community development block). A little further away is Barki Dhamrai with a population of 3,277 and Chotki Dhamrai with 1,290 people. Tilaia is a smaller village on the other side of Barakar River. It possibly lent its name to the dam.
Tilaiya Dam is 20 kilometres (12 mi) from Koderma Railway Station. Barhi on NH 2 is 17 kilometres (11 mi) away. While Tilaiya Dam is off the Patna-Ranchi highway (NH 31), the latter passes along the reservoir.
- Sainik School, Tilaiya
- The European Academy of English Language & Computer Education (Luxmi Complex, Near Railway Crossing, Veer Kunwar Singh Chowk, Jhumri Telaiya, Koderma, Jharkhand)
- Kailash Roy Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Jhumri Telaiya
- Secure Academy (Near madangundi Flyover Madangundi , Koderma , Jharkhand)*
- I smart technology Mobile & Computer repairing cource(pani tanki road, jhumri telaiya, koderma, jharkhand)7543934474*
- "Tilaiya Dam". india9.com. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "DVC". Tilaiya. DVC. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "2011 Census C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 December 2015.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|