Tilaiya Junction railway station
|Indian Railway Junction Station|
|Location||State Highway 8, Tilaiya, Bihar
|Elevation||102 metres (335 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||East Central Railway zone|
|Tracks||Broad gauge 1,676 mm (5 ft 6 in)|
|Structure type||Standard on ground|
|Zone(s)||East Central Railway|
The railway station
Tilaiya railway station is at an elevation of 102 metres (335 ft) and is assigned the station code TIA.
The Bakhtiyarpur–Rajgir line was extended to Tilaiya in 2010.
Feasibility studies for the electrification of the Manpur-Tilaiya-Kiul sector was announced in the rail budget for 2010–11.
- "Tilaiya Junction". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- Saxena, R. P. (1 December 2008). "Indian Railway History Timeline". Archived from the original on 29 February 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
1879-south Bihar Railway-ER-The South Bihar Railway Company(operated by EIR) had laid a line from Luckeesarai to Gaya in 1879
- "CM to open Rajgir-Tilaiya new line". Bihar Foundation. The Times of India. 29 June 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Railway Budget 2010–11: Electrification of New Rail Sections". Press Information Bureau, Government of India. 24 February 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
- "Nitish inaugurates new rail lines, two ROBs in Bihar". India Today/PTI. 29 June 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2014.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|East Central Railway zone|
|East Central Railway zone||Terminus|