Tilar J. Mazzeo
Mazzeo has held previous teaching appointments at the University of Wisconsin, Oregon State University, and the University of Washington. She was the Jenny McKeon Moore Writer in Residence in the Creative Writing and English program at the George Washington University from 2010-2011. She was the Washington Scholar at Pembroke College, Cambridge, UK in the late 1990s. She is the editor of digital scholarly editions at Romantic Circles and has been featured as a preeminent teacher of creative nonfiction with the Teaching Company / Great Courses.
Her book The Widow Clicquot, a biography of Barbe-Nicole Clicquot Ponsardin, the eponymous founder of the champagne house Veuve Clicquot was published in 2008 by Harper Collins. It became a New York Times bestseller. A film adaption of the book was announced by Variety to be directed by Taylor Hackford. 
In 2007 she released her book Plagiarism and Literary property in the Romantic Period which was reviewed in the New York Times.
In 2014 Mazzeo's book, The Hotel on Place Vendôme, the story of the Ritz Hotel in Paris during Nazi occupation, was released. It became a New York Times bestseller in travel writing and was a Los Angeles Times bestseller for more than 20 weeks. 
In 2016, Publisher's Weekly announced that Mazzeo is completing a forthcoming biography of Eliza Hamilton, the wife of Alexander Hamilton.
Mazzeo's work as a wine writer has appeared in numerous national outlets in the United States, including Food and Wine magazine, Mental Floss, and in the wine guides of which she is the author The Back Lane Wineries of Napa and The Back Lane Wineries of Sonoma (Ten Speed Press). She is the proprietor and winemaker at Parsell Vineyard in British Columbia.
- "Interview: Tilar Mazzeo". My French Life, September 15, 2011 By Judy MacMahon
- "Author Q&A: Tilar Mazzeo’s new book checks into the Hotel Ritz Paris during Nazi occupation". Portland Press-Herald, May 4, 2014. Frank O. Smith.
- "Books offer Canadian cuisine, fascinating study of beer". Evelyn C. White January 10, 2016
- "Book Review: The Widow Cliquot by Tilar J. Mazzeo". Vinography, 01.21.2009 Review by W. Blake Gray
- "Chanel Objects To Chocolate No 5". Vogue, By Lauren Milligan. 2 Jul 2015
- "Following the Scent". New York Times, By JESSICA KERWIN JENKINS. January 14, 2011
- The Encyclopedia of Romantic Literature: Re - Z. John Wiley & Sons. 2012. pp. 789–. ISBN 978-1-4051-8810-4.
- . New York Journal of Books.
- "The Hotel on Place Vendome by Tilar J. Mazzeo: review". Toronto Star, James Macgowan March 26, 2014
- "THE HOTEL ON PLACE VENDÔME". Kirkus reviews.
- "Three Twice-told stories". Toronto Star, November 12, 2016, page E22.
- "What’s new: Ruth Franklin’s Shirley Jackson bio, Margot Livesey’s new novel, Tilar J. Mazzeo on the ‘female’ Schindler". Newsday, September 27, 2016