Tilde de Paula
|Tilde de Paula|
De Paula in 2013
|Born||Anatilde Jane de Paula Diaz
14 November 1972
|Spouse(s)||Thomas Eby (2012–present); 1 child|
Anatilde Jane de Paula Diaz (born 14 November 1972), better known as Tilde de Paula and also Tilde de Paula Eby, is a Chile-born Swedish journalist, author, television presenter and host of many of TV4s flagship programs. She has hosted many popular television shows such as the Nobel Prize, Polar Music Prize and live televised cancer fundraising events, and is since 1997 one of the hosts of Sweden's number one morning show Nyhetsmorgon.
Tilde de Paula was born in 1972 in Chile. Her father was a Brazilian politician who had to flee Brazil after receiving death threats. In Cuba he met Tildes mother and the two moved to Chile. However, after the military coup in 1973 they had to flee the country again, and with the help of the diplomat Harald Edelstam and the Swedish embassy the couple moved to Sweden.
Before she became a television presenter Tilde de Paula studied journalism at Södra Vätterbygdens folkhögskola.
Since 2005 Tilde has been the host of the Polar Music Prize. She presented the election special Nyhetsmorgon – valflyget in September 2006 along with Lasse Bengtsson. In 2008 de Paula presented "Spårlöst" where she helped people to find their lost relatives and families. In 2009 she hosted Kändisdjungeln along with David Hellenius. In 2012 Tilde de Paula started hosting Nyhetsmorgon, Sweden's permier morning show on TV4. Since 2012 she has also been hosting the shows Swedish bake off, Swedish bake off junior and Celebrity Swedish bake off. Since 2014 she has also hosted the gala Tillsammans mot cancer. During Christmas Eve 2013, de Paula was the Christmas host for TV4s Christmas broadcasts. She presents the celebrity dance show Let's Dance 2017.
In 2006 Tilde de Paula co-authored the book Plastmammor, gummipappor och bonusbarn with Birgitta Klang published by Bokförlaget DN. Plastmammor, gummipappor och bonusbarn is a book for stepmothers and fathers who need advice on how to tackle the situation they are facing.
In 2015 Tilde wrote the Swedish best selling book Tiden läker inga sår where she for the first time tells the story of her past and how her ancestors have influenced her life. The story begins five generations back in Tenerife 1867 and continues to Cuba, the US and Chile before ending up in Sweden today. The clear connections between the story of the book and today's refugee situation has led Tilde to travel all over Sweden to hold lectures on the topic.
In 2016 Tilde started hosting Läkarpodden where she, together with Dr Mikael Sandström, discuss the latest advances in medicine and healthcare, share their own experiences, kill myths and answer your questions about anything related to medicine.
She has won several awards for her work in television. In 2007 she won Aftonbladets television award for Best female television presenter of the year.
She has also been announced as Sweden's best female television presenter by the paper Se & Hör. In 2015 she won the award Kristallen for reality show of the year with the show Swedish bake off.
Tilde has also interviewed a number of international stars including: Emmy Lou Harris, Paul Simon, Patti Smith, Justin Bieber, Regina Spektor, Noomi Rapace, Eleanor Coppola, Anastacia, Ennio Morricone, Björk, Peter Gabriel, Ronan Keating, Stellan Skarsgård and Alexander Skarsgård.
In November 2012 Tilde de Paula married musician Thomas Eby, lead vocals of Calle Real and percussionist of Hoffmaestro. Together the couple has one son and she has three children from previous relationships.
- "Tilde de Paula Eby profile tv4.se". Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Tilde de Paula: Jag var rädd för kärleken - då träffade jag Thomas". Hemmets Journal. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Här flyr Tilde till Sverige". Aftonbladet. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "600 journalister". Archived from the original on 2 January 2015. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- Tilde de Paula från Fredagspuls till Nyhetsmorgon Retrieved 2 January 2015
- talarmaklarna - tilde de paula Retrieved 2 January 2015
- "Sveriges största morgonprogram nystartar med Peter och Tilde". Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Hela Sverige bakars eminents jury och programledare". Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Tillsammans mot cancer". Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Så blir julen i TV4". Dagens Media. Archived from the original on 21 December 2014. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "”Let's dance” får ny programledare". Retrieved 29 March 2017.
- "Tiden läker inga sår". Archived from the original on 25 July 2016. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Tilde de Paula från Fredagspuls till Nyhetsmorgon". Retrieved 23 May 2016.
- "Läkarpodden". Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Tidigare vinnare". Archived from the original on 26 May 2016. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Nomierade Kristallen". Retrieved 2016-10-04.
- "Tilde de Paula Eby: "Ilyah limmar ihop familjen"". Mama. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- Media related to Tilde de Paula at Wikimedia Commons