Parts of this article (those related to demographics) need to be updated.(October 2015)
|Coordinates: 28°32′22″N 81°36′2″W / 28.53944°N 81.60056°WCoordinates: 28°32′22″N 81°36′2″W / 28.53944°N 81.60056°W|
|• Total||0.24 sq mi (0.62 km2)|
|• Land||0.21 sq mi (0.54 km2)|
|• Water||0.03 sq mi (0.08 km2)|
|Elevation||102 ft (31 m)|
|• Density||2,283.65/sq mi (883.59/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0292293|
Tildenville is a census-designated place (CDP) and an unincorporated area in Orange County, Florida, United States. The population was 511 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Orlando–Kissimmee Metropolitan Statistical Area. Generally speaking, Tildenville is a narrow area alongside Orange County Road 545, south of Florida State Road 50 and north of the Stoneybrook West planned unit development. Residents utilize Winter Garden, Florida for mail delivery. The CDP takes its name from Luther F. Tilden, a prominent pioneer and citrus magnate who greatly contributed to the community. Historically, Tildenville referred to an area larger than the modern CDP. Landmarks such as Tildenville Elementary School, Tildenville Marketplace, and Meadow Marsh are now located within the city limits of Winter Garden.
Tildenville is located at 28°32′22″N 81°36′2″W / 28.53944°N 81.60056°W (28.539309, -81.600432).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 1.1 km2 (0.4 mi2), of which 0.9 km2 (0.3 mi2) is land and 0.2 km2 (0.1 mi2) (14.63%) is water.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
At the 2000 census, there were 513 people, 169 households and 129 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 565.9/km2 (1,465.7/mi2). There were 180 housing units at an average density of 198.6/km2 (514.3/mi2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 13.84% White, 80.51% African American, 3.51% from other races and 2.14% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 11.89% of the population.
There were 169 households, of which 34.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 41.4% were married couples living together, 30.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.1% were non-families. 17.2% of all households were made up of individuals, and 5.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.04 and the average family size was 3.42.
32.4% of the population were under the age of 18, 8.0% from 18 to 24, 30.8% from 25 to 44, 23.0% from 45 to 64, and 5.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 31 years. For every 100 females, there were 95.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.8 males.
The median household income was $36,250 and the median family income was $38,438. Males had a median income of $26,500 and females $20,893. The per capita income for the CDP was $11,488. About 10.5% of families and 11.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 8.2% of those under age 18 and none of those age 65 or over.
Orange County Public Schools operates public schools in the county. Zoned schools include:
- Sunridge Elementary School
- Sunridge Middle School
- West Orange High School
- Tilldenville Elementary School
- Lakeview Middle School
At one point it was zoned to Whispering Oak Elementary School.
- ^ "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 2, 2021.
- ^ a b "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- ^ "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- ^ "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Tildenville CDP, Florida". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved September 25, 2012.
- ^ "Tildenville". www.ocfl.net. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- ^ "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. February 12, 2011. Retrieved April 23, 2011.
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- ^ "2010 CENSUS - CENSUS BLOCK MAP: Tildenville CDP, FL." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on April 22, 2017.
- ^ "Sunridge Elementary School Zone." Orange County Public Schools Department of Pupil Assignment. June 25, 2014. Retrieved on April 22, 2017.
- ^ "Sunridge Middle School Zone." Orange County Public Schools Office of Planning & Governmental Relations and Student Enrollment. April 28, 2016. Retrieved on April 22, 2017.
- ^ "West Orange High School Zone Archived 2017-04-22 at the Wayback Machine." Orange County Public Schools Department of Student Enrollment. January 7, 2017. Retrieved on April 22, 2017.
- ^ "Tildenville Elementary School Zone." Orange County Public Schools Office of Pupil Assignment. July 29, 2008. Retrieved on April 22, 2017. The periphery of the Whispering Oak zone is seen in this image.