|Born||Matilda Emily Bagshawe|
12 June 1973
London, England, UK
|Pen name||Tilly Bagshawe|
|Relatives||Louise Mensch (sister)|
Matilda Emily "Tilly" Bagshawe (born 12 June 1973) is a British freelance journalist and author. She is best known for her books in the vein of best-selling American author Sidney Sheldon, notably Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of the Game and Sidney Sheldon's After the Darkness.
Life and work
Born on 12 June 1973 in Lambeth Hospital, London, Bagshawe is one of three daughters born to Nicholas Wilfrid Bagshawe and his wife, Daphne Margaret (née Triggs). Her father comes from a family of Roman Catholic gentry. Her great-grandfather was the marine artist Joseph Ridgard Bagshawe, who was himself grandson of one of the 19th century's most renowned marine artists, Clarkson Stanfield, and a nephew of Edward Gilpin Bagshawe, Catholic Bishop of Nottingham. Her paternal grandmother, Mary Frideswide, was the daughter of Charles Robertson, a stockbroker and benefactor of St Philip's Priory, Begbroke and one of the co-founders of Westminster Cathedral. Her older sister is Louise Bagshawe Mensch, a chick lit author and former Conservative Member of Parliament. She has another sister Alice and a brother, James.
She was educated at Woldingham School, Surrey, and while there, she became pregnant. At seventeen, she was a single mother of a daughter, Persephone (Sefi), but she finished her studies and at the age of eighteen, she went up to St John's College, Cambridge with her ten-month-old daughter in tow.
Married to Robin Nydes, a US businessman, she lives between homes in London and Los Angeles, with three children. Now a freelance journalist and novelist, Bagshawe is a regular contributor to The Sunday Times, Daily Mail and other British publications.
- Adored (2005/Jul) (ISBN 0-446-57688-3).
- Showdown (2006).
- Do Not Disturb (2008).
- Flawless (2009).
- Scandalous (2010).
- Fame (2011)
- Temptation (2012)
- The Inheritance (2014)
- The Bachelor (2016)
Sidney Sheldon Series of novels
- Sidney Sheldon's Mistress of the Game (2009/Aug).
- Sidney Sheldon's After the Darkness (2010/Jun).
- Sidney Sheldon's Angel of the Dark (2012)
- Sidney Sheldon's The Tides of Memory (2013)
- Sidney Sheldon's Chasing Tomorrow (2014/Sep)
- Sidney Sheldon's Reckless (2015)
- Sidney Sheldon's The Silent Widow(2018)
M. B. Shaw Novels
- Murder at the Mill (2017) 
- "Births". The Times. 13 June 1973. p. 1.
- "Marriages". The Times. 23 September 1969. p. 12.
- "The Landed Gentry of Britain". Wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- David Cordingly (1996), Jane Turner, ed., "Stanfield, Clarkson" Grove Dictionary of Art, Macmillan Publishers
- The Catholic Who's Who and yearbook, Volume 33, 1940, p. 432
- Scott, Caroline (6 March 2005). "Relative Values: Tilly and Louise Bagshawe". The Sunday Times. London.
- Haynes, Lorien (23 May 2009). "'Sefi is the best mistake I ever made'". Daily Mail. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Bagshawe to write pen-name 'cosy crime' for Trapeze". The Bookseller.
|This article about a British journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a novelist from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|