Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery
|Founded||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (2003)|
|Headquarters||Tempe, Arizona, United States|
Number of locations
|55 + (including soon to open locations)|
|United States and Canada|
|Ron Lynch, President|
|Products||Pub food, American food, Alcohol, 24+Draft and Bottled Beers|
|Services||Food and Beverage|
Number of employees
|Parent||Tilted Kilt Franchise Operating, LLC.|
The first Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery was opened in the Las Vegas Rio Hotel and Casino in 2003 by restaurateur Mark DiMartino and business partners and co-founders Omid Joon, Shannon Reilly and John Reynaud.[non-primary source needed] The concept was a "contemporary, Celtic-themed sports Pub staffed with beautiful servers in sexy plaid kilts and matching plaid bras." The company has locations in 22 U.S. states and two Canadian provinces.
Tilted Kilt describes itself as "a modern American, Scottish and Irish sports pub". The menu is a mix of traditional and contemporary pub food, serving items such as Fish and chips, Shepherd's Pie, and Big Arse Burgers. Each Pub features at least 24 beers on tap, including flagship beverages such as Guinness and Samuel Adams. The establishments are filled with televisions for sporting events and games such as Golden Tee, pool and darts are available for the patrons.
Others place Tilted Kilt into the category of "breastaurant," in the same vein as Hooters and Twin Peaks, specializing in scantily-clad female servers. The company's homepage heavily features so-called "Kilt Girls." Community members in Evanston, Illinois mounted a successful campaign to keep the chain from opening there.
- (http://www.tiltedkilt.com) January 3, 2017
- "Tilted Kilt History". tiltedkiltfranchise.com. Archived from the original on 2008-03-30. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- Weisberg, Lori. "Tilted Kilt sports bar exits San Diego". sandiegouniontribune.com. Retrieved 2018-07-10.
- Bayer-Polak, Erika. "DiMartinos have restaurant business in their blood". viewnews.com. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- Hahnefeld, Laura (2012-10-24). "Tilted Kilt President to Appear on Undercover Boss Because (Shhh...) Breastaurants". Phoenix New Times. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- Pedicini, Sandra (2013-02-07). "'Breastaurants' serve up boom times for busts". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery | Local Restaurant & Sports Bar with 30+ Beers on Tap". Tilted Kilt Pub. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Smith, Bill (2011-04-27). "Tilted Kilt: Hot debate over sexy bar". Evanston Now. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Mayor Rejects Tilted Kilt Liquor License". Evanston, IL Patch. 2011-05-02. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Graf, Tony (November 8, 2012). "Tilted Kilt exec to appear on CBS show 'Undercover Boss'". Joliet Herald-News. Archived from the original on November 12, 2012.
- "'Undercover Boss' Ron Lynch expects laughs from family". The Norman Transcript. November 9, 2012.