Tim Baker (musician)
Tim Baker is a Canadian singer-songwriter from St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. The longtime lead singer of the indie rock band Hey Rosetta!, his debut solo album Forever Overhead was released on April 19, 2019 on Arts & Crafts.
Baker was educated at Concordia University, where he planned to study piano but came down with a case of tendonitis that prevented him from being able to play for his admission audition, and thus studied creative writing. Following his graduation, he returned to St. John's, where he began performing locally as a solo artist before deciding that his songs needed a fuller band sound and forming Hey Rosetta!
In 2016, Baker debuted his first solo song, "Spirit", on the CBC Radio news program The Current as part of a special series on the economic challenges of life in Newfoundland. The song appears on Forever Overhead.
- "Art & Soul: Hey Rosetta! frontman starts anew". The Telegram, October 12, 2018.
- "Hey Rosetta!'s Tim Baker Shares New Song 'Spirit'". Exclaim!, November 22, 2018.
- "Hey Rosetta's Tim Baker Details 'Forever Overhead' Solo Album". Exclaim!, February 12, 2019.
- "Hey Rosetta! chief songwriter Tim Baker takes a literary approach". Words & Music, March 1, 2012.
- "Hey Rosetta!'s Tim Baker debuts new song on CBC's The Current". CBC News Newfoundland & Labrador, March 10, 2016.
- "Find out who made the 2019 Polaris Music Prize long list". CBC Music, June 20, 2019.
|This article about a Canadian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|