Tim Berra (American football)
|Date of birth:||September 23, 1951|
|Place of birth:||Montclair, New Jersey|
|College:||University of Massachusetts Amherst|
|NFL Draft:||1974 / Round: 17 / Pick: 421
(By the Baltimore Colts)
|Player stats at PFR|
Timothy Thomas Berra (born September 23, 1951) is a former American football player who played for the Baltimore Colts in 1974. He is the son of Baseball Hall of Fame catcher Yogi Berra and the brother of former Major League Baseball infielder Dale Berra. Tim Berra began football by playing as a Post Graduate for Bordentown Military Institute in Bordentown, New Jersey.
Berra played college football for the UMass Minutemen from 1970 to 1973. During his senior season, he set the school's single-season record for receiving yards with 922 and the single-season touchdown receiving record with 12. He also held the school record for most career receiving yards with 1,486.
The Colts released Berra on September 3, 1975.
- "Tim Berra". Pro-Football-reference.com.
- Connolly, John (November 16, 1998). "UMass, UConn put it on line". Boston Herald. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "No. 19 UMass Crushes Delaware State 51-0". CBS College Sports. CSTV Networks, Inc. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Young Berra's a Colt". St. Petersburg Times. February 11, 1974. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Double 00 calls it 30". The Associated Press. September 4, 1975. Retrieved 10 November 2011.
- "Former Colts: Where are they now?". Coltpower.com. Microsoft. Retrieved 10 November 2011.