Tim Campbell (actor)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anthony Callea (m. 2014)
Tim Campbell (born 27 September 1975) is an Australian television and stage actor and singer, best known for playing the character of Dan Baker in the soap opera Home and Away between 2004 and 2008. In 2007, he came third series 6 of Dancing with the Stars.
In 1993, Campbell appeared in two episodes of Home and Away as Brad. Throughout the 1990s, Campbell appeared in episodes of Heartbreak High, Police Rescue, The Day of the Roses and Wildside. In 1999, he appeared in 13 episodes of Big Sky as Blake Wallace. Smaller roles continued throughout the early 2000s, until 2003 where he played Constable Stubbs in the children's television series, Snobs. In 2004, Campbell was cast to play Dan Baker on Home and Away, where he appeared in 287 episodes. Campbell was a contestant in series six of Dancing with the Stars, which premiered on 20 February 2007. He ultimately placed third. He hosted National Bingo Night as well as the first season of travel series Discover Tasmania in 2007. Also in 2007, Campbell appeared as a contestant on Deal or No Deal: Dancing with the Deals, in which he won $23,999 for a home viewer.
In 2010, Campbell played Mr Doyle in 13 episodes of Dead Gorgeous and between 2012-2013, he played Tom on House Husbands.Tom, with partner Kane (Gyton Grantley), are raising a child together, the first gay male couple with a child on an Australian prime time drama. On 14 December 2013, it was announced that Campbell had been written out of the show and would not return for the third season.
- In November 2007, he played Roger in a Perth production the musical Rent.
- In January 2008, he played the lead role of Johnny O'Keefe in Shout! The Legend of The Wild One in Melbourne and then in Sydney.
- In mid 2009, he played Bobby in The Production Company's run of The Boy Friend at the State Theatre Melbourne.
- In June 2010, he played the role of Fiyero in the Sydney season of the Australian production of Wicked.
- In 2016, he played Corny Collins in the national tour of Hairspray the Arena Spectacular.
- In 2017, he played Johnny Casino in Grease the Arena Experience with Harvest Rain Theatre Company.
Campbell released his debut studio album High School Disco on 4 April 2014.The album peaked at number 25 on the ARIA Charts. Campbell will release his second studio album, Electrifying 80s in July 2018.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|High School Disco||25|
In late 2007, rumours of Campbell dating singer Anthony Callea surfaced in the media. During an interview, Campbell confirmed that he is gay, but denied romantic involvement with Callea. However, on 11 February 2008, during an appearance on Vega 91.5's breakfast programme, Campbell acknowledged that he and Callea had now progressed to being "an item" stating that they were "very happy" together. The couple later thanked their fans for the support they were shown after their relationship was made public. On 18 August 2014, Campbell and Callea announced their engagement.
On 17 November 2014, they announced they had been married in a ceremony in New Zealand.
- haacentral. "Tim on Dancing with the Deals part 1 of 2". Retrieved 7 December 2018 – via YouTube.
- haacentral. "Tim on Dancing with the Deals part 2 of 2". Retrieved 7 December 2018 – via YouTube.
- "Grantley brings down house in new role". dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 7 December 2018.
- Moran, Jonathon (14 December 2013). "Tim Campbell has vented on social media after Nine dumped his gay character Tom from House Husbands". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "TIM CAMPBELL TO SERVE UP 'ELECTRIFYING '80S'". auspOp. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 7 June 2018.
- "Australian Charts Tim Campbell". Australian Charts. Retrieved 22 May 2017.
- "ARIA Australian Top 50 Albums". Australian Recording Industry Association. 6 August 2018. Retrieved 4 August 2018.
- "Down Under Actor Tim Campbell Comes Out". The Advocate. 14 December 2007. Retrieved 21 December 2007.
- "Dicko, Dave and Chrissy". Melbourne. 11 February 2008. DMG Radio Australia. Vega 91.5. Archived from the original on 20 January 2008. Missing or empty
- "Anthony Callea and Tim Campbell: 'We're engaged'". news.com.au. 18 August 2014. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Anthony Callea and Tim Campbell Marry In New Zealand". au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/who. 17 November 2014. Archived from the original on 11 January 2016. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
Tamsyn Lewis & Arsen Kishishian
| Dancing with the Stars (Australia) third place contestant
Season 6 (Early 2007 with Natalie Lowe)
David Hobson & Karina Schembri
| Discover Tasmania co-presenter
(with Ed Halmagyi)