November 23, 1979 |
Iowa City, Iowa, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
Tim Chiou is an American actor.
Chiou attended UCLA where he was involved in the Asian American theatre company on campus, LCC, which had been co-founded by Randall Park just several years prior. He would later join Park to form the comedy troupe "The Propaganders".
He has starred as Edwin, the sexy web designer on 2 Broke Girls, and on TV shows such as House M.D., The Cape (as Kwan), Victorious (as a Record Producer), Parenthood (as Mike Garrison), CSI:NY, Grey's Anatomy, Southland, Dollhouse (as Travis Nikoden), NCIS (as Officer Kevin Lim), Hannah Montana, Chuck, Just Jordan, and 'Til Death.
Chiou won a "Best Actor" award at the 8th Annual NBC Short Cuts Film Festival in 2013 for his performance as "King" in Kevin Lau's short film, Made in Chinatown opposite Elaine Kao. The awards ceremony was hosted by Craig Robinson, and the film Made in Chinatown also won awards for Best Short (presented by Marlon Wayans), and Best Writing. For the 2013 NBC Short Cuts Film Festival, only eight films made the final cut of finalists considered for awards out of the 1400 total films submitted.
Chiou has starred in feature films such as multi-character film Crossing Over also starring Harrison Ford, Ray Liotta, Ashley Judd, Justin Chon, Leonardo Nam and more, Seventh Moon opposite Amy Smart as her love interest, Quentin Lee's The People I've Slept With as Fred, the husband of Lynn Chen's character, Juliet, and as "The Wang" in Abraham Lim's The Achievers, written by Michael Golamco. He has also been in a number of independent short films such as James Huang's Represent and The Adventures of Johnny Karate and Golden Delicious, Viet Nguyen's Ninja Say What, and Nadine Truong's Initiation.
Chiou has also appeared in the Colony Theater production of Michael Golamco's play, Year Zero as Han as well as the production of the play at the Victory Gardens Theater in Chicago. Chiou has also appeared in Snow Falling on Cedars at Theaterworks in Silicon Valley as Kabuo Miyamoto, Beth Henley's Crimes of the Heart at East West Players, You Can't Take It with You at the Geffen Playhouse as well as the Berkeley Repertory Theater production of Heidi Stillman's The North China Lover, a stage adaptation of Marguerite Duras's novel, The Lover. He has also reprised his role as "The Lover" in Looking Glass Theater's 2013 Chicago production of Heidi Stillman's The North China Lover, the play getting rave reviews from The Chicago Sun-Times, Time Out Chicago, and The Chicago Theater Beat.
|2006||The Achievers||The Wang|
|2007||The Wizard of Gore||Chinese Mickey|
|2007||L.A. Proper||Daniel Yang|
|2010||A Foundling||Jim Wales|
|2012||The People I've Slept With||Fred|
|2014||Tin Man||Teddy Meade||TV movie|
|2015||Crush the Skull||Riley|||
|2016||Love Is All You Need?||Brad Henderson|
|2006-2007||'Til Death||Delivery man||2 episodes|
|2007-2009||Grey's Anatomy||Paramedic||3 episodes|
|2007||October Road||Young dude||Episode: "Let's Get Owen"|
|2008||Just Jordan||Monte||Episode: "Picture Me Rollin'"|
|2008||Chuck||Mighty Jock||Episode: "Chuck Versus the Break-Up"|
|2008||Hannah Montana||Stage manager||Episode: "He Ain't a Hottie, He's My Brother"|
|2009||NCIS||Petty Officer Kevin Lim||Episode: "Broken Bird"|
|2009||Dollhouse||Travis Nikoden||Episode: "A Spy in the House of Love"|
|2009||Southland||Responding officer||Episode: "See the Woman"|
|2010||CSI: NY||Vince||Episode: "Unusual Suspects"|
|2011||Victorious||Record producer||Episode: "The Diddly-Bops"|
|2011||The Cape||Kwan||Episode: "Scales"|
|2011||House||Dad #1||Episode: "Parents"|
|2012||2 Broke Girls||Edwin||Episode: "And the One-Night Stands"|
|2013-2016||Living with Models||Kim||Recurring role, 22 episodes|
|2013||Baby Daddy||Good Samaritan||Episode: "Surprise!"|
|2014||Don't Talk in the Kitchen||Kenny||Episode: "Single Ladies Life Alert"|
|2014||Chicago P.D.||Rick Fong||Episode: "Different Mistakes"|
|2015||iZombie||AJ||Episode: "Liv and Let Clive"|
|2015||Major Crimes||Ken Song||Episode: "Blackout"|
|2016||Stitchers||Morgan||Episode: "Pretty Little Lawyers"|
|2016||Code Black||Lt. Jeff Reese||Episode: "Sleight of Hand"|
- Web series
|2017||John Hughes Ruined My Life||Tim|
- "Cast: Alumni and Inactive Cast". LCC Theatre Company at UCLA.
- Ashok Kondabolu (July 26, 2013). "Ashok and Randall Park Celebrate Father's Day". Asian American Writers' Workshop. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- "Meet Propergander (Part I)". UCLA International Institute. August 16, 2005.
- 2 broke girls has found its "hot asian guy", http://blog.angryasianman.com/2012/02/2-broke-girls-has-found-its-hot-asian.html
- Tim Chiou, Resume, http://timchiou.com/?page_id=7
- Tim Chiou, IMDb, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1977583/
- 'Chinatown' wins big at NBC Short Cuts, http://timchiou.com/?p=286
- Donloe's Lowdown, Winners Announced At NBCUniversal's 8th Annual Short Cuts Festival, Hosted By Craig Robinson, http://donloeslowdown.blogspot.com/2013/10/winners-announced-at-nbcuniversals-8th.html
- Glendale News-Press, A Poignant Immigrant Story, http://articles.glendalenewspress.com/2011-06-19/entertainment/tn-gnp-0619-colony_1_immigrant-cambodians-vuthy
- Scott Eriksson, Asians on Film, Year Zero Review: Eymard Cabling, Tim Chiou, Christine Corpuz & David Huynh, http://www.asiansonfilm.com/2011/06/year-zero-review-eymard-cabling-tim-chiou-christine-corpuz-david-huynh/
- Chicagoist, Victory Gardens’ Year Zero Has Its Strengths, But Doesn’t Connect, http://chicagoist.com/2009/09/29/victory_gardens_year_zero_has_its_s.php
- East West Players, Crimes of the Heart, http://www.eastwestplayers.org/on_the_stage/crimes_of_the_heart.htm
- Geffen Playhouse, Press Release, You Can't Take It With You, http://www.geffenplayhouse.org/mediacenter/press/RELEASE_YouCantTakeIt_3_18_05.htm
- Tim Chiou, The North China Lover @ The Ground Floor, http://timchiou.com/?p=192
- Reviews for the "North China Lover", http://timchiou.com/?p=304
- Looking Glass Theater Company, North China Lover, http://lookingglasstheatre.org/content/box_office/north_china_lover
- Heidi Weiss, Theater - 'The North China Lover', Chicago Sun-Times, http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/stage/22673284-421/theater-the-north-china-lover.html
- Kris Vire, The North China Lover at Lookingglass Theatre Company: Theater review, http://www.timeoutchicago.com/arts-culture/theater/16448986/the-north-china-lover-at-lookingglass-theatre-company-theater-review
- Scotty Zacher, Review: The North China Lover (Lookingglass Theatre), http://chicagotheaterbeat.com/2013/10/15/north-china-lover-review-lookingglass-theatre-chicago/
- Tim Chiou, Tag = GNC, http://timchiou.com/?tag=gnc
- Tsai, Martin (May 12, 2016). "Review Thrilling 'Crush the Skull' never lets up". Los Angeles Times.