This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Tim Cresswell is Dean of the Faculty and Vice President for Academic Affairs at Trinity College, Hartford, Connecticut. He is a human geographer by training and the author of six books on the role of place and mobility in cultural life, co-editor of four collections and an inaugural managing editor of the journal, "GeoHumanities". Cresswell is a leading figure in the mobilities paradigm. Tim Cresswell is also a poet and the author of two collections published by Penned in the Margins "Soil" (2013) and "Fence" (2015). "Fence" was a result of Cresswell's participation in the artist Alex Hartley's nowhere island project.
- (2015) "Ne pas dépasser la ligne! Fabrique des identités et contrôle du mouvement dans les lieux de transit (with Geraldine Lay and Mikaël Lemarchand)
- (2015) Fence (poetry)
- (2014) Place: An Introduction (Second Edition)
- (2013) Soil (poetry)
- (2013) Geographic Thought: A Critical Introduction
- (2012) Geographies of Mobilities: Practices, Spaces, Subjects (co-edited with Peter Merriman)
- (2008) Gendered Mobilities (co-edited with Tanu Priya Uteng)
- (2006) On the Move: Mobility in the Modern World
- (2004) Place: A Short Introduction
- (2002) Mobilizing Place, Placing Mobility (co-edited with Ginette Verstraete)
- (2002) Engaging Film: Geographies of Mobility and Identity (co-edited with Deborah Dixon)
- (2001) The Tramp in America
- (1996) In Place/Out of Place: Geography, Ideology and Transgression University of Minnesota Press
- Webmaster. "Trinity College Announces New Dean of the Faculty, VP for Academic Affairs". www.trincoll.edu.
- "AAG Publishes New 'GeoHumanities' Journal".
- Chivers, Tom. "Penned in the Margins - Tim Cresswell". www.pennedinthemargins.co.uk.
- "A geographer-poet in the sub-zero wilderness".
- Rachel Cooke (2011-11-27). "Alex Hartley: The world is still big | Review | Art and design | The Observer". London: Guardian. Retrieved 2016-05-10