|Born||Timothy Samuel Elliott|
December 24, 1986
Wichita, Kansas, United States
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||125 lb (57 kg; 8.9 st)|
|Reach||67 in (170 cm)|
|Style||Muay Thai, wrestling|
|Fighting out of||Lee's Summit, Missouri, United States|
|Team||Glory MMA and Fitness|
|Rank||Blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Timothy Samuel Elliott (born December 24, 1986) is an American mixed martial artist who currently competes in the Flyweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He is the former Titan FC Flyweight Champion. He has been professional competitor since 2009 and is currently in his second tenure with the UFC. He is a three-time winner of fight bonuses in the UFC, winning fight of the night twice, and performance of the night once. As of February 2, 2019, he is ranked #8 in the official UFC flyweight rankings.
- 1 Background
- 2 Mixed martial arts career
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Championships and accomplishments
- 5 Mixed martial arts record
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
Elliott was born on December 24, 1986 in Wichita, Kansas. Elliott originally attended Campus High School, but transferred to Wichita South High School during his junior year. Elliott was a state wrestling champion at Wichita South his senior year in 2005. Elliott was on the wrestling team at Labette Community College before transferring to the University of Central Oklahoma. He earned a bachelor's degree in Science and General Studies.
Mixed martial arts career
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Elliott signed with UFC on April 17, 2012.
In his second fight, Elliott faced Jared Papazian on December 15, 2012 at The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs. Team Nelson Finale. He won the fight via unanimous decision (30–25, 30–25, 30–26). The fight also earned him the Fight of the Night bonus.
Elliott fought Ali Bagautinov at UFC 167 on November 16, 2013. The bout marked his first appearance on the main card of a pay-per-view event in the fight. He lost the fight via unanimous decision.
Elliott made his debut and faced former UFC Flyweight Iliarde Santos at Titan FC 34 for the inaugural Titan FC Flyweight Championship. He won the fight by a dominant unanimous decision and picked up the Titan FC Flyweight Championship.
The Ultimate Fighter
On July 21, 2016 Elliott was announced as a cast member on the 24th season of The Ultimate Fighter. The winner of the show, won a chance to fight Demetrious Johnson for the UFC Flyweight Championship. Despite being ranked as the number 3 seed, Elliott was selected as the first overall pick by former opponent Joseph Benavidez.
In his first fight, Elliott faced 14th ranked 'Team Cejudo' fighter Charlie Alaniz. He submitted Aniz in the first round by bulldog choke. In the quarterfinals, Elliott faced 6th ranked 'Team Cejudo' fighter and former Caged contestant Matt Schnell. Despite being struck with a devastating groin kick in the opening moments of the bout, he was able to recover and submit Schnell in the first round by front choke. In the semifinals, Elliott faced 15th ranked 'Team Benavidez' teammate Eric Shelton. After two competitive rounds, Elliott was declared the winner by majority decision. Elliott fought 5th ranked 'Team Benavidez' teammate Hiromasa Ogikubo in the final round. Elliott won the fight by unanimous decision 30–27, winning the 24th season of The Ultimate Fighter.
Return to the UFC
As a result of winning The Ultimate Fighter 24, Elliott won the opportunity to fight flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson. He fought Johnson on December 3, 2016 at The Ultimate Fighter 24 Finale for the flyweight championship. Elliott lost the fight by unanimous decision.
Elliott faced Louis Smolka on April 15, 2017 at UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis. He won the fight by unanimous decision. The win earned Elliott his second Fight of the Night bonus award, and his first since returning the organization.
Elliott was expected to face Justin Scoggins on December 16, 2017 at UFC on Fox 26. However, Scoggins pulled out of the bout in early December citing a back injury and was replaced by Pietro Menga. The bout was cancelled as Menga failed to show to the weigh in because he did not make weight. Elliott was offered the fight at catchweight at 131 pounds, which would have given him 10% of Menga's fight purse, but he declined.
After the fight against Menga was cancelled, the UFC offered Elliott a fight at UFC 219, which Elliott only accepted under the condition he fights somebody who has never missed weight and has never backed out of a fight at the last minute. Elliott fought promotional newcomer Mark De La Rosa at bantamweight. He won in the second round by submission via an anaconda choke. After the fight, he dedicated the win to his coach, Robert Follis, who died earlier in the month. For the fight, Elliott won a $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, his first performance of the night bonus and third fight bonus in the UFC overall.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Ultimate Fighting Championship
- Titan FC
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|24 matches||15 wins||8 losses|
|Win||15–8–1||Mark De La Rosa||Submission (anaconda choke)||UFC 219||December 30, 2017||2||1:41||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Bantamweight debut. Performance of the Night.|
|Loss||14–8–1||Ben Nguyen||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Hunt||June 11, 2017||1||0:49||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Win||14–7–1||Louis Smolka||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Reis||April 15, 2017||3||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||13–7–1||Demetrious Johnson||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions Finale||December 3, 2016||5||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||For the UFC Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||13–6–1||Pedro Nobre||Decision (unanimous)||Titan FC 37||March 5, 2016||5||5:00||Ridgefield, Washington, United States||Defended the Titan FC Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||12–6–1||Felipe Efrain||Submission (guillotine choke)||Titan FC 35||September 19, 2015||2||2:30||Ridgefield, Washington, United States||Defended the Titan FC Flyweight Championship.|
|Win||11–6–1||Iliarde Santos||Decision (unanimous)||Titan FC 34||July 18, 2015||5||5:00||Kansas City, Missouri, United States||Won the inaugural Titan FC Flyweight Championship.|
|Loss||10–6–1||Zach Makovsky||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Thatch||February 14, 2015||3||5:00||Broomfield, Colorado, United States|
|Loss||10–5–1||Joseph Benavidez||Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC 172||April 26, 2014||1||4:08||Baltimore, Maryland, United States|
|Loss||10–4–1||Ali Bagautinov||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 167||November 16, 2013||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||10–3–1||Louis Gaudinot||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 164||August 31, 2013||3||5:00||Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States|
|Win||9–3–1||Jared Papazian||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs. Team Nelson Finale||December 15, 2012||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||8–3–1||John Dodson||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Diaz vs. Miller||May 5, 2012||3||5:00||East Rutherford, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||8–2–1||Josh Rave||Technical Submission (D'Arce choke)||RFA 2||March 30, 2012||1||0:28||Kearney, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||7–2–1||Jens Pulver||KO (knee)||RFA 1||December 16, 2011||2||2:12||Kearney, Nebraska, United States|
|Win||6–2–1||Kashif Solarin||Submission||Cowboy MMA: Caged Cowboys||May 21, 2011||1||0:57||Ponca City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||5–2–1||John McDowell||TKO (punches)||Art of War Cage Fights||February 26, 2011||1||2:56||Ponca City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||4–2–1||Victor Dominguez||Decision (unanimous)||C3 Fights||October 22, 2010||3||5:00||Newkirk, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||3–2–1||Cody Fuller||Submission (triangle choke)||Bricktown Brawl 5||June 25, 2010||3||2:34||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||2–2–1||Michael Casteel||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Bricktown Brawl 4||April 2, 2010||1||2:01||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Win||1–2–1||Victor Veloquio||KO (punches)||BB 3: Holiday Havoc||December 11, 2009||1||0:33||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Loss||0–2–1||Jacky Bryant||TKO (punches)||Bricktown Brawl 2||August 28, 2009||1||0:52||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
|Loss||0–1–1||Shane Howell||Submission (triangle choke)||Harrah Fight Night||June 27, 2009||3||2:25||Harrah, Oklahoma, United States|
|Draw||0–0–1||Jerod Spoon||Draw||Bricktown Brawl 1||May 8, 2009||3||5:00||Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|4 matches||4 wins||0 losses|
|Win||4–0||Hiromasa Ogikubo||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions||November 30, 2016||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 24 Final round|
|Win||3–0||Eric Shelton||Decision (majority)||The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions||November 23, 2016||2||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 24 Semi-final round|
|Win||2–0||Matt Schnell||Submission (front choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions||November 16, 2016||1||3:24||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 24 Quarter-final round|
|Win||1–0||Charlie Alaniz||Submission (bulldog choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Tournament of Champions||October 12, 2016||1||1:51||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||TUF 24 Round of 16|
*Date given is the air date of the episode. The actual dates of the fight are not released by the UFC
- "Glory MMA and Fitness". tapology.com. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
- Andrew Richardson (December 1, 2016). "Fighter on Fighter: Breaking down UFC TUF 24 Finale's Tim Elliott". MMAmania.com.
- "Fighter Rankings | UFC ®". UFC. Retrieved 2019-02-06.
- "Wichitan Tim Elliott gets his shot in UFC title fight". Kansas.com.
- "GH's Tim Elliott Signs With UFC". GrindhouseKC. Archived from the original on 2012-07-11.
- "Tim Elliott replaces Darren Uyenoyama, meets John Dodson at UFC on FOX 3". mmajunkie.com. April 17, 2012. Archived from the original on July 28, 2012. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "TUF 16 Finale gets Tim Elliott vs. Jared Papazian". mmajunkie.com. October 21, 2012. Archived from the original on October 22, 2012.
- "Flyweights Louis Gaudinot vs. Tim Elliott slated for UFC 164 in Milwaukee". MMAJunkie.com.
- Staff. "Ali Bagautinov vs. Tim Elliott set for November's UFC 167 in Las Vegas". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-09-18.
- Jesse Holland (2014-02-03). "Joseph Benavidez vs. Tim Elliott booked for UFC 172 on April 26 in Baltimore". mmamania.com. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- Staff (2014-06-11). "Tim Elliott vs. Wilson Reis booked for UFC Fight Night 49 in Tulsa". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- Jason Floyd (2014-08-14). "Joby Sanchez replaces Tim Elliott, meets Wilson Reis at UFC Fight Night 49". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2014-08-14.
- Raimondi, Marc (2014-11-10). "Zach Makovsky-Tim Elliott announced for UFC Colorado". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2014-11-10.
- Tim Burke (1 June 2015). "Report: UFC releases ten fighters". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 1 June 2015.
- MMAJunkie.com Staff (5 August 2015). "Titan FC 35 set for Sept. 19 with trio of title bouts on UFC Fight Pass". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- Mike Bohn (5 March 2016). "Titan FC 35 set for Sept. 19 with trio of title bouts on UFC Fight Pass". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- "Cast revealed for The Ultimate Fighter 24". UFC.com.
- Mike Sloan (1 September 2016). "'TUF 24' Recap: Episode 1". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Mike Sloan (12 October 2016). "'TUF 24' Recap: Episode 7". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Mike Sloan (16 November 2016). "'TUF 24' Recap: Episode 10". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Mike Sloan (23 November 2016). "'TUF 24' Recap: Episode 11". Sherdog.com. Retrieved 26 November 2016.
- Matt Erickson (2016-05-11). "'TUF 24' gets other flyweight champs with coaches Benavidez, Cejudo; winner fights champ Johnson". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-05-11). "TUF 24 Finale results: Demetrious Johnson defends flyweight belt over gritty, game Tim Elliott". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-05-11.
- Jesse Gillette (2017-01-30). "Tim Elliott vs Louis Smolka flyweight bout added to UFC Kansas City April event". mmanewsline.com. Retrieved 2017-01-30.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-04-15). "UFC on FOX 24 results: Tim Elliott's relentless takedowns lead to unanimous win vs. Louis Smolka". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Staff (2017-04-15). "UFC on FOX 24 bonuses: History maker Demetrious Johnson among the night's winners". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- Damon Martin (2017-05-10). "Tim Elliott replaces Joseph Benavidez, faces Ben Nguyen at UFC Fight Night in New Zealand". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
- Steven Marrocco (2017-06-10). "UFC Fight Night 110 results: Ben Nguyen dismantles Tim Elliott, chokes him out inside 1 minute". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- Tristen Critchfield (2017-09-07). "Flyweights Tim Elliott, Justin Scoggins booked for UFC on Fox 26 in Winnipeg". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- David Tees (2017-12-04). "Justin Scoggins Injured, Tim Elliott Now Fighting Pietro Menga At UFC On Fox 26". fightful.com. Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "UFC on FOX 26 weigh-in results: Headliners official, one fighter over, one fight scratched". MMAjunkie. 2017-12-15. Retrieved 2017-12-15.
- "Tim Elliott on declining UFC on FOX 26 bout: 'It hurts, I just bought a house'". BloodyElbow.com.
- "Tim Elliott feels like UFC 'spit in my face' by not paying full purse after UFC on FOX 26 scratch". BloodyElbow.com.
- Tim Thompson (2017-12-19). "Tim Elliott set to fight newcomer Mark De La Rosa at UFC 219". mma-today.com. Retrieved 2017-12-19.
- "UFC 219 results: Tim Elliott dedicates win over Mark De La Rosa to late coach Robert Follis". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- "UFC 219 Bonuses: 'Cyborg,' Holm, Nurmagomedov, Elliott Receive $50K Checks". Sherdog.com.
- "UFC 235's Gina Mazany Talks Macy Chiasson, Fighters Missing Weight & Layoff". Fightful.com.
- "UFC 219 bonuses: Cris Cyborg, Holly Holm net $50,000 each for five-round title fight". MMAjunkie. 2017-12-31. Retrieved 2017-12-31.