|Birth name||Timothy John Gane|
12 July 1964 |
Ilford, Essex, England
|Genres||Post-rock, avant-garde, indie pop|
|Associated acts||McCarthy, Sean O'Hagan, Stereolab|
Gane was born in Ilford, Essex, and began his musical career as a purveyor of harsh noise in the early 1980s under the alias Unkommuniti releasing self-financed cassettes on Black Dwarf Wreckordings along with fellow Unkommuniti members Kallous Boys and other noise projects. Tim was a key member of McCarthy from 1985-1990. Turn On, Gane's side project with occasional Stereolab contributor and member of The High Llamas, Sean O'Hagan, released their self-titled debut in 1997. In 2009 Stereolab announced their hiatus.
In 2013, he released Blood-Drums under the moniker Cavern Of Anti-Matter, a band formed together with Holger Zapf and Joe Dilworth. It was followed by the 2016 album Void Beats / Invocation Trex on Duophonic Records. It featured contributions by Bradford Cox and Peter Kember and Jan St. Werner. Live the band was reduced to a duo. In January 2017, Blood Drums was re-released through Duophonic.
In 2014, Gane compiled the tracks for Sky Records Kollektion 1, a collection of tracks from the German electronic-rock label, issued by Bureau B. In 2016, he presented FACT mix 544 for Fact Magazine.
- "Tim Gane". Repertoire.bmi.com. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- "findmypast.co.uk". Search.findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 2014-08-19.
- Strong, Martin C. (1999). The Great Alternative & Indie Discography. Canongate. ISBN 0-86241-913-1.
- Gregory, Andy (ed.) (2002) International Who's Who in Popular Music, 2002, Europa Publications Limited, ISBN 1-85743-161-8, p. 183
- Colletti, Justin (November 2013). "Tim Gane: Stereolab and Beyond". tapeop.com. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Lindsay, Cam (22 February 2016). "Learning a New Language: Tim Gane on Leaving Stereolab Behind and for Cavern of Anti-Matter". Noisey. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Minsker, Evan (19 November 2015). "Stereolab's Tim Gane Announces Cavern of Anti-Matter Album Featuring Bradford Cox, Shares "Melody in High Feedback Tones"". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- "Cavern of Anti-Matter: Void Beats / Invocation Trex Album Review". pitchfork.com. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Awbi, Anita (4 March 2016). "Interview: Tim Gane - M Magazine". M magazine: PRS for Music online magazine. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Mackay, Emily (2016-03-01). "Cavern of Anti-Matter review – epic, glorious noise from Stereolab expats". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Eede, Christian (2 December 2016). "Reissued Cavern Of Anti-Matter". The Quietus. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- "FACT mix 544: Tim Gane". FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
|This article about an English musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|