|Occupation||Writer, speaker, consultant|
Founding partner, ThinkX Intellectual Capital
|Website||Tim Hurson |
Think Better Blog
Tim Hurson (born 1946) is a speaker, writer and creativity theorist living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was born in Johannesburg, South Africa, and grew up in New York City, USA. He is now a Canadian citizen. He was educated at The Peddie School in Hightstown, New Jersey, and went to college at Oberlin College in Ohio.
Hurson was a founding partner of Manifest Communications, a company focussed on social change strategy. He was its president until selling the company in 1996. After working independently for several years, he became a founding partner of ThinkX Intellectual Capital.
Hurson developed a problem-solving technique known as the ThinkX Productive Thinking Model, a six-step process that builds on the Osborn-Parnes Creative Problem Solving Process, combining it with more rigorous engineering-based techniques such as IDEF.
Hurson is a founding director of Facilitators Without Borders, a faculty member of the conference of the Creativity European Association. and co-founder of Mindcamp. He is a founding board member of Oberlin College's LaunchU Entrepreneurship bootcamp.
- "Hurson, Tim". Canadian Who's Who. Toronto, Ontario, Canada: University of Toronto Press. 2001. p. 625.
- Lees, David (8 January 1986). "The Successors - Canada's Emerging Business Leaders". Canadian Business: 27.
- Korn, David; T. Hurson; J. Reynolds. "Ontario Problem Gambling Research Centre" (PDF)
|url=(help): 44 (Appendix B).
- Canadian Foundation on Compulsive Gambling (Ontario). "CFCG(O) Welcomes New Faces to the Board of Directors" (PDF). Newslink: Problem Gambling News and Information (Fall 1999). Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 October 2007. Retrieved 1 February 2008.
- "ThinkX - Who We Are". ThinkX Intellectual Capital Inc. Retrieved 1 February 2008.
- "Tim Hurson". Speaker's Spotlight. Archived from the original on 24 October 2007. Retrieved 22 December 2007.
- Hurson, Tim (2007). Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking. New York, New York: McGraw-Hill. pp. xii. ISBN 978-0-07-149493-9.
- "CREA Conference: Team". Retrieved 22 December 2007.
- "Mindcamp". Mindcamp. Retrieved 13 December 2009.
- Hurson, Tim (2007). Think Better: An Innovator's Guide to Productive Thinking. New York, New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Immen, Wallace (12 August 2005). "Get creative: Thinking too much just hurts". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 30 December 2007.
- Lees, David (8 January 1986). "The Successors - Canada's Emerging Business Leaders". Canadian Business.
- Cameron, Grant (December 2007). "Looking for 'sweet spot' when it comes to thought". The Bottom Line. 23 (16): 1.
- Hurson, Tim (August 1999). "Why We Are Creatively Challenged". Creativity in Action.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Tim Hurson|