Tim Knol in 2011.
|Birth name||Tim Knol|
12 September 1989 |
|Genres||pop music, roots rock|
|Associated acts||Be Right Back
Knol was born and raised in Hoorn, where he started making music at the age of 10. Locally, he made an impression with the band Be Right Back in which he sang and played guitar. While playing in that band, he also worked on various side projects and recorded a couple of solo tracks. In May 2008 he played at De avond van het kippenvel in Utrecht, where he came in contact with Anne Soldaat, formerly of Daryll-Ann. Together they recorded some demos for Excelsior Recordings. In May 2009 he decided to quit his band, and start a solo career. In June 2009 the first result from his solo career, a cover version of Godley & Creme's Cry, appeared on the online compilation album Guilty pleasures. Other artists that appeared on that album were Silence Is Sexy and Solo.
During the Lowlands Festival in August 2009, Knol signed a record deal with Excelsior Recordings. His debut record received positive reviews in the Dutch media. On the album Knol is accompanied by Jacob de Greeuw, Jeroen Kleijn and Matthijs van Duijvenbode from Johan and Anne Soldaat and Reyer Zwart from Do-The-Undo. Knol first presented his songs as a support act for Johan, during their farewell tour in the second half of 2009. After a few try-out concerts, the first big performance of Knol with his new band was at the Noorderslag Festival in Groningen January 2010.
- Album Hoornse Tim Knol (19) uit op label Excelsior noordhollandsdagblad.nl, 23 augustus 2009
- Kippevel met Tim Knol (en Do the undo) indebanvan.nl, 7 mei 2008
- Coverclub editions
- Recensie-overzicht Tim Knol timknol.nl, 30 maart 2010
- New signing: Tim Knol excelsiorrecordings.com, 27 augustus 2009
- Johan-leden op plaat Tim Knol johan4all
- Prachtdebuut van Tim Knol Volkskrant, 21 januari 2010
- Schuilen met Tim Knol is zo gek nog niet 3voor12.nl, 23 juli 2009
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tim Knol.|