Masthay in 2011
|No. 8 Green Bay Packers|
|Date of birth:||March 16, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Murray (KY)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Timothy James Masthay (born March 16, 1987) is an American football punter for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL). With the Packers, he won Super Bowl XLV over his hometown team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2009, but released before the first 2009 pre-season game. He played college football at Kentucky. He was nicknamed "Ginger Wolverine" by his Packers teammates for his long red sideburns.
Tim was born to Mark Masthay, who currently serves as the chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Dayton and to Jean Masthay, currently Executive Director of PregnancyCare in Cincinnati, Ohio. Masthay played youth soccer in Des Moines for the Johnston Hornets. Masthay played both football and soccer, as well as baseball and basketball at Murray High School in Murray, Kentucky. His positions on the school's football team included punter, placekicker, kickoff returner, wide receiver, and special teams coach. In the off-seasons, he, along with Thomas Morstead, Pat McAfee, T. J. Conley, Dan Bailey are currently instructors for Kohl's Kicking Camps, a training camp from high-school upwards especially for kickers, punters and long snappers.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||198 lb||4.78 s||1.77 s||2.86 s||8 reps|
|All values are from NFL Combine|
Green Bay Packers
On November 3, 2010, he was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
During the 2011 NFL season, Masthay set Green Bay franchise records for gross and net punting averages for a season with 45.6 and 38.6 yard averages respectively.
In Week 2 of the 2012 NFL season, he threw a 27-yard touchdown pass to TE Tom Crabtree off of a fake field goal. (This gave him a perfect career passer rating of 158.3, although such ratings are not entered as records unless numerous passes are thrown.)
During the 2013 season he performed the team's kickoff duties for some games.
|2010||Green Bay Packers||16||71||3,114||62||43.9|
|2011||Green Bay Packers||16||55||2,506||71||45.6|
|2012||Green Bay Packers||16||70||3,043||65||43.5|
|2013||Green Bay Packers||16||64||2,854||62||44.6|
|2014||Green Bay Packers||16||49||2,159||63||44.1|
|2015||Green Bay Packers||16||81||3,554||62||43.9|
In 2009, Masthay married his longtime girlfriend, Amanda. They welcomed a daughter, Emory Grace, on March 15, 2012, one day before Tim's 25th birthday. The couple welcomed their second child, baby boy Paxton, on November 14, 2014. They recently welcomed a third child Darcy Rose on June 17, 2016.
- "PackTalkBack - LIVE chat with Packers FB John Kuhn".
- What NFL Pros Are Saying About Kohl's Kicking Camps
- Kohl's Staff
- "#44 Tim Masthay". Kentucky Athletics. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Tim Masthay". NFL.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Tim Masthay - Kentucky, P : 2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Oehser, John (August 10, 2009). "Johnson Activated from Physically Unable to Perform List, Starting at Left Tackle". Colts.com. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "Packers sign P Masthay to Reserve/Future Contract". Packers.com. January 15, 2010. Archived from the original on February 13, 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-21.
- NFC Special teams Player of the Week
- Gary D'Amato of the Journal Sentinel (2012-01-01). "Records fall as Packers' offense shines". Jsonline.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears stunned by TD on fake field goal". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-14.
- Green Bay Packers profile
- Kentucky Wildcats bio
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • CBS Sports • Yahoo! Sports • Pro-Football-Reference
|Green Bay Packers punters