|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||March 16, 1987|
|Place of birth:||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Murray (KY)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2015|
Timothy James Masthay (born March 16, 1987) is an American football punter who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Kentucky. Masthay was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He has also played for the Green Bay Packers and later won Super Bowl XLV with the Packers over his hometown team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. Masthay was nicknamed "Ginger Wolverine" by his Packers teammates for his long red sideburns.
Tim was born to Mark Masthay, who currently serves as the chairman of the chemistry department at the University of Dayton and to Jean Masthay, currently Executive Director of PregnancyCare in Cincinnati, Ohio. Masthay played youth soccer in Des Moines for the Johnston Hornets. Masthay played both football and soccer, as well as baseball and basketball at Murray High School in Murray, Kentucky. His positions on the school's football team included punter, placekicker, kickoff returner, wide receiver, and special teams coach. In the off-seasons, he, along with Thomas Morstead, Pat McAfee, T. J. Conley, and Dan Bailey are currently instructors for Kohl's Kicking Camps, a training camp from high-school upwards especially for kickers, punters and long snappers.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||198 lb||4.78 s||1.77 s||2.86 s||8 reps|
|All values are from NFL Combine|
Green Bay Packers
On November 3, 2010, he was named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
On August 30, 2016, Masthay was released by the Packers.
|2010||Green Bay Packers||16||71||3,114||62||43.9|
|2011||Green Bay Packers||16||55||2,506||71||45.6|
|2012||Green Bay Packers||16||70||3,043||65||43.5|
|2013||Green Bay Packers||16||64||2,854||62||44.6|
|2014||Green Bay Packers||16||49||2,159||63||44.1|
|2015||Green Bay Packers||16||81||3,554||62||43.9|
In 2009, Masthay married his longtime girlfriend, Amanda. They welcomed a daughter, Emory Grace, on March 15, 2012, one day before Tim's 25th birthday. The couple welcomed their second child, baby boy Paxton, on November 14, 2014. They recently welcomed a third child Darcy Rose on June 17, 2016.
- "PackTalkBack - LIVE chat with Packers FB John Kuhn".
- What NFL Pros Are Saying About Kohl's Kicking Camps
- Kohl's Staff
- "Kentucky Wildcats: Tim Masthay". www.UKAthletics.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Tim Masthay". NFL.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Tim Masthay - Kentucky, P : 2009 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". NFLDraftScout.com. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Green Bay Packers: Tim Masthay". Packers.com. Retrieved August 9, 2016.
- "Packers sign P Masthay to reserve/future contract". Packers.com. January 15, 2010. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "P Tim Masthay named NFC Special Teams Player of the Week". Packers.com. November 3, 2010. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- D'Amato, Gary (January 1, 2012). "Records fall as Packers' offense shines". JSOnline.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- Mayer, Larry (September 13, 2012). "Bears stunned by TD on fake field goal". ChicagoBears.com. Retrieved August 29, 2016.
- "Packers claim P Jacob Schum off waivers". Packers.com. August 30, 2016. Retrieved August 30, 2016.
- Green Bay Packers profile
- Kentucky Wildcats bio
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • CBS Sports • Yahoo! Sports • Pro-Football-Reference
|Green Bay Packers punters