Timothy R. Morse is the current CEO of Auction.com. Previously Morse was the interim CEO of the Internet services company, Yahoo!. He was named after Carol Bartz lost her position as CEO on September 6, 2011. In January 2012, Yahoo picked Scott Thompson as the new CEO.
Morse began his career at General Electric, and worked in various divisions: GE Plastics, GE Appliances and GE Capital in North America, Europe and Asia. He became general manager of business development for General Electric Plastics before being appointed its chief financial officer. After his departure from GE, Morse was the chief financial officer of Altera.
He was hired, by then CEO Carol Bartz, and was appointed Chief Financial Officer for Yahoo! in July 2009. He served as Yahoo!'s interim Chief Executive Officer(CEO) for roughly four months (September 2011 to January 2012) after the board relieved Carol Bartz of her position, and then returned to his previous position as CFO.
- Garrison, Trey (9 June 2015). "Former Yahoo! CFO Tim Morse named new CEO for Auction.com". HousingWire.
- Whittaker, Zack (4 January 2012). "It's official: Yahoo appoints PayPal chief Scott Thompson as chief executive". ZDNet.
- "Exclusive: Carol Bartz Out at Yahoo; CFO Tim Morse Named Interim CEO – Kara Swisher – News". AllThingsD. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "Yahoo dumps Bartz as CEO". CBS News. January 13, 2009. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- Timothy R. Morse. Yahoo!
- Brandon Bailey (September 6, 2011). "Yahoo fires CEO Carol Bartz". Contra Costa Times.
- "Morse Appointed Chief Financial Officer of Yahoo!". Yahoo! June 11, 2009
- Associated Press (May 14, 2012). "Biographical info on Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson". Bloomberg Businessweek.
- "Ex-Yahoo CFO Tim Morse sees 'world of difference' in new job at Adap.tv".
|Chief Executive Officer of Yahoo!
|This article about a chief executive from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|