Tim O'Connor (actor)
July 3, 1927 |
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Occupation||Film, television actor|
Mary Foskett (1957-1974) (divorced) (1child)
Tim O'Connor (born July 3, 1927) is an American character actor known for his prolific work in television, although he has made only a few appearances since the early 1990s. Before moving to California, he lived on an island in the middle of Glen Wild Lake, near Bloomingdale, New Jersey. O'Connor specialized in playing officials, military men, and police officers.
Some of O'Connor's best-known roles include: Dr. Elias Huer in Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, Jack Boland in General Hospital, and Elliot Carson in Peyton Place. He also had recurring roles on Barnaby Jones and Dynasty.
In recent years, O'Connor was a director for The Foothill Theater Company in Nevada City, California, before it closed. O'Connor starred in the 2011 film Dreams Awake (with Buck Rogers in the 25th Century co-star Erin Gray).
- Master Minds (1949) - Hoskins Boy (uncredited)
- Incident In San Francisco (1971) - Arthur Andrews
- The Failing of Raymond (1971) - Cliff Roeder
- Wild in the Sky (1972) - Sen. Bob Recker
- The Groundstar Conspiracy (1972) - Frank Gossage
- Across 110th Street (1972) - Lt. Hartnett
- Sssssss (1973) - Kogen
- Wheels (1978) - Hub Hewitson
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (1979) - Dr. Elias Huer
- The Dukes of Hazzard (1982, TV Series) - Mr. Thackery
- La cruz de Iberia (1990) - Block
- The Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear (1991) - Donald Fenswick
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (1992) - Ambassador Briam
- Walker Texas Ranger (1995) - Russell Stanley
- Dreams Awake (2011) - Ambrose (final film role)
- Johnson, Erskine (December 3, 1966). "Tim O'Connor Of Peyton Place Is Big Surprise". North Adams Transcript. p. 14. Retrieved May 3, 2016.