Tim O'Connor (theatre director)
Tim O'Connor, 2012
13 September 1981
|Occupation||Theatre director, theatrical producer, playwright|
When O'Connor finished school he volunteered the office at Harvest Rain Theatre Company for 3 years. He was eventually employed and became more involved in administrative work also his first paid directors role was for a community play for Harvest Rain.
When the opportunity arose he took over the role of running Harvest Rain.
In an interview with Katherine Sullivan O'Connor said
... when I was coming up the ranks, so many people told me I’d never make it, ... But I say just because something hasn’t been done doesn’t mean it can’t be done. If you want it badly enough, you’ll find a way. Directing and Producing are tricky and challenging, but if you’re passionate and curious about it, follow that curiosity.
He has directied Australian productions of musicals such as Jesus Christ Superstar, Hairspray, Oklahoma, and Spamalot, as well as for writing, directing, and producing the world premiere stage adaptation of The Neverending Story.
In 2013, he announced that the Harvest Rain Theatre Company would become Queensland's first professional musical theatre company, which involved payment to the lead actors who were often well established professionals supported by its " internship program, donors, sponsors and ticket sales." 
In 2011, he won a Groundling Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Queensland Theatre Industry. In 2012 he was nominated for Brisbane's person of the year. In 2014, he won a Gold Matilda Award for his work with Harvest Rain and was also nominated for Best Director for Spamalot.
O'Connor conducts a series of online interviews at Behind the Red Curtain. Interviewees include musical theatre stars including Kristin Chenoweth, Marina Prior, Simon Gallaher, Lisa McCune, Nancye Hayes and, Rhonda Burchmore.
- "Interview : Harvest Rain's Tim O'Connor". Creative Issue. 28 September 2015. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Spotlight on Tim O'Connor". Aussie Theatre. Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- "Our Team". Harvest Rain. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Review : Jesus Christ Superstar: Harvest Rain THeatre". Actors Greenroom. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Hairspray - Harvest Rain Theatre Company". Aussie Thetare. 27 June 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Oklahoma! Harvest Rain comes sweeping down the plain". Stage Whispers. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Spamalot Review : Brisbane". Scenestr. 4 October 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "World Premiere of The Neverending Story: Magical, enchanting and spectacular". Aussie Theatre. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Hey Hey it's Harvest Rain's first professional season". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Brisbane Academy of Musical Theatre". Brisbane Academy of Musical Theatre. March 2015. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Teaching Staff". Brisbane Academy of Musical Theatre. Retrieved 7 July 2017.
- "Training". Harvest Rain. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "The stars are coming". Australian Musical Theatre Workshop. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "2011 Groundling Award winners". Actors Greenroom. Retrieved 14 February 2012.
- "Gold Matilda Award Winners 2014". Matilda Awards. March 2015. Retrieved 11 July 2017.
- "Behind the Red Curtain". Behind the Red Curtain. Retrieved 29 April 2013.