Tim Pratt (born December 12, 1976) is a science fiction and fantasy writer and poet. He grew up in the vicinity of Dudley, North Carolina, and attended Appalachian State University, where he earned a Bachelor's in English. In 1999 he attended the Clarion East Writing Workshop. He moved to Santa Cruz, California in 2000, and currently resides in Oakland with his wife Heather Shaw and son River. He currently works as a senior editor at Locus Magazine.
Pratt's work has appeared in a number of markets, including Asimov's Science Fiction, Realms of Fantasy, Orson Scott Card's InterGalactic Medicine Show, and Strange Horizons. His story "Little Gods" (online) (2002) was nominated for Nebula Award for the Best Short Story. His story "Hart & Boot," first published in Polyphony 4, was reprinted in Best American Short Stories: 2005. His "Impossible Dreams" (Asimov's July 2006) won the Hugo Award in the Best Short Story category. Collection Hart & Boot & Other Stories was a World Fantasy Award finalist in 2008.
He has also had stories and poems published in various other markets and Year's Best collections.
As Tim Pratt
- The Strange Adventures of Rangergirl, Bantam Spectra, 2005 (ISBN 978-0-553-38338-6)
- The Nex, Tropism Press, 2010
- Briarpatch, ChiZine Publications, 2011
- Venom in Her Veins, Wizards of the Coast, 2012
- City of the Fallen Sky, Paizo Publishing, 2012
- Liar's Blade, Paizo Publishing, 2013
- Reign of Stars, Paizo Publishing, 2014
- The Stormglass Protocol, 2013 (with Andy Deemer)
- Pathfinder Tales: Liar's Island, 2015 (ISBN 978-0-765-38431-7).
As T.A. Pratt -- Marla Mason novels
- Blood Engines, Bantam Spectra, October 2007 (ISBN 978-0-553-58998-6).
- Poison Sleep, Bantam Spectra, April 2008 (ISBN 978-0-553-58999-3).
- Dead Reign, Bantam Spectra, November 2008 (ISBN 978-0-553-59135-4).
- Spell Games, Bantam Spectra, February 2009 (ISBN 978-0-553-59136-1).
- Bone Shop, June 2010
- Broken Mirrors, August 2010
- Grim Tides, April 2012
- Bride of Death, November 2013
As T. Aaron Payton
- Little Gods, Prime Books, 2003 (ISBN 978-1-894815-82-6)
- If There Were Wolves (poetry), Prime Books, 2006
- Hart & Boot & Other Stories, Night Shade Books, 2007 (ISBN 978-1-59780-053-2)
- Antiquities and Tangibles & Other Stories, Tropism Press, 2013
- Sympathy for the Devil, Night Shade Books, 2010
- Rags and Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales, Little Brown, 2013 (with Melissa Marr)
- TimPratt.org, the author's website. Includes his blog, bibliography, and links to some of his stories online.
- Interview excerpt from the November 2005 issue of Locus Magazine.
- Tim Pratt at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- REVIEW : Rags and Bones
- David G. Hartwell & Kathryn Cramer, ed. (2006). Year's Best Fantasy 6. Tachyon Publications. ISBN 1-892391-37-6.
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA) Collection Archived 2012-06-03 at the Wayback Machine., Northern Illinois University