Tim Scott (guitarist)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Tim Scott Guitar Mashing
|Birth name||Timothy David Scott|
21 September 1971 |
Hazel Grove, Stockport, Cheshire, UK
|Genres||Instrumental, experimental, rock, pop, dance, funk, jazz, fusion|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, composer, producer|
|Instruments||Guitar, classical guitar, bass, drums, percussion, keyboards|
|Associated acts||Judge Jules|
|Fender Telecaster uniquely customised by Martin Sims painted in Sparkly Pink with all chrome hardware and purple/pink coloured LED lights in the fingerboard and three Predator (alien) style lasers in the headstock.|
Timothy David "Tim" Scott (born 21 September 1971) is an instrumental recording artist primarily known for his solo instrumental guitar compositions. These have subsequently given rise to his secondary side project/collaborations and sessions with the dance DJs and producers: Judge Jules, Mike Koglin, Serial Diva and Herd & Fitz. He also created the Comedy Central series, Let's Bowl.
Tim was born and brought up in Hazel Grove, a suburb of Stockport, England. He left school at 16 and went on to Salford College of Music "but dropped out before he got kicked out" finding he could not cope with the written work due to his dyslexia.
In August, 1992 at the age of 20, Tim applied to study full-time on the 1 year Diploma course in modern Electric Guitar Performance at The Guitar Institute (GI), London (now known as The Institute of Contemporary Music Performance) commencing his studies on 21 September 1992 he graduated achieving the grade Pass on 3 July 1993.
Scott's recording career began in 2003 when he self released his debut album Bald On The Inside, distributing it and performing live sets in Borders Books & Music Stores across the UK. The album peaked inside their top 200 sellers list and received generally positive reviews.
The Bald on the Inside press reviews opened the opportunity for Scott to work with BBC Radio 1 DJ Judge Jules, writing and performing on the instrumental guitar track "Puesta Del Sol" for Judge Jules' debut album Proven Worldwide. Scott played live improvised guitar over his backroom Funky House/Dirty Electro DJ set during the BBC Radio 1 weekend in Ibiza on 15 and 16 August 2005. From 2005-2008 Scott performed at clubs in Ibiza and the UK alongside Judge Jules and other artists such as Jon Fitz and Katherine Ellis.
Scott's second solo album, Guitar Mashing, was released on 26 November 2008. The album was critically well-received, with Total Guitar describing Scott's music as "mashing his guitar mastery (think Vai and Satriani) with chilled Ibiza sounds." Since the release of Guitar Mashing Scott has been concentrating on releasing singles online. The first single, "Amy Jane", was released in late 2009 to positive reviews.
At the end of July 2010 Scott took delivery of his very own Jackson Soloist signature guitar described by The Manchester Evening News – "The Hazel Grove musician has finally got his hands on his one-off sparkly pink Custom Shop Jackson Guitar in his signature shade…"
|2003||CD/Download||Bald On The Inside|
|2011||Download||Ibiza Mayhem 2012|
|2013||Download||Retrospective Guitar Mashing|
|2013||Download||Guitar Mashing Decade|
|2011||Download||Rio Gold Dust|
|2012||Download||I Found Love|
|2013||Download||Fly Away [feat. Ruthybabez]|
|2013||Download||I Don't Wanna Be|
Session and collaboration discography
|2006||CD/Download||Proven Worldwide||Judge Jules||"Puesta Del Sol" (Track 6) - features a Flamenco Guitar melody written and played by Tim Scott - recorded at Acer Studios allmusic "Proven Worldwide"|
|2006||CD/Download||VS||Mike Koglin||"Mercury" (Track 3) - features an Electric Guitar melody written and played by Tim Scott - recorded at Fortress Studio’s, London |
|2009||CD/Download||Bring The Noise||Judge Jules||"City Rockers (Marcus Twiddle Edit)" (Track 8) - features the guitar melody from "Ibiza's Secret Garden" - (Track 2) on Tim Scott's Guitar Mashing album|
|2006||CD/Download||Grace of God||One Hit Wonders||"Serial Diva Remix" (Track 5) - features a rolling bass line written played and recorded by Tim Scott at Acer Studios Discogs "Grace Of God"|
- "Tim's A (Laser) Shooting Star" – Manchester Metro News Friday, 8 September 2006 by Paul R Taylor (page 4)
- "Guitarist Tim's on the write track – but without any words" – Manchester Evening News, 2 June 2004 by Paul Taylor (page 29)
- Bald On The Inside album review – Guitarist (magazine) January 2004 Issue 245 by Ben Bartlett (page 166)
- Bald On The Inside album review – Guitar Techniques (magazine) January 2004 GTC94 by Cliff Douse (page 8)
- Bald On The Inside album review – Guitar & Bass Magazine February 2004 Vol 14 No 20 by John Callaghan (Page 18)
- "Mix has Scott to be a hit" – Manchester Evening News The Diary 20 April 2005 by Dianne Bourne (page 7)
- "Stockport music maestro Tim Scott has been going down a storm on the white isle." – Manchester Evening News The Diary, 1 September 2005 by Carmel Thomason (page 7)
- "Guitar Man Tim Wows Ibiza Crowds" – Manchester Evening News The Diary, 4 September 2006 By Dianne Bourne (page 7)
- "In A Spin In Ibiza" – Stockport Times East, 26 October 2006 By Lisa Kenyon (page 31)
- "DJ fight for Jules' crown" – Manchester Evening News The Diary, 21 March 2008 By Adam Moss (page 7)
- Guitar Mashing album review – Musician. Spring 2009 by Keith Ames (page 41)
- Guitar Mashing album review – Guitarist (magazine) February 2009 issue 312 by Simon Bradley (page 160)
- Guitar Mashing album review – Guitar Techniques (magazine) April 2009 by Jason Sidwell (page 90)
- Guitar Mashing album review – CityLife Friday, 20 February 2009 by Paul Taylor
- Guitar Mashing album review – Stockport Express Wednesday, 15 April 2009 by Matthew Davis (page 31)
- Guitar Mashing album review – Total Guitar (magazine) February 2009 issue No.185 by Lucy Rice (page 37)
- Amy Jane single review – Total Guitar (magazine) December 2009 issue No.196 by Lucy Rice (page 12)
- Amy Jane single review – CityLife Friday, 27 November 2009 by Sarah Walters (page 22)
- Amy Jane single review – Sound On Sound – The UK’s Biggest Selling Music Recording Magazine, January 2010 by Sam Inglis (page 150)
- Four years later… guitar hero Tim is finally in the pink Manchester Evening News The Diray, Thursday, 5 August 2010 By Lisa Stocks (page 11)
- Mike Koglin "VS" CD album Sleeve notes
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tim Scott.|