|The Rt Revd
|Bishop of Leicester|
|Diocese||Diocese of Leicester|
|Other posts||Bishop of Dunwich (1995–1999)
Convenor of the Lords Spiritual (November 2009–May 2015)
31 December 1946 |
Ilford, Essex, United Kingdom
|Residence||Bishop's Lodge, Leicester|
|Parents||Ralph Stevens & Ursula Plowman|
|Spouse||Wendi Price (1973—)|
|Children||1 daughter, Rachel (deceased) and 1 son, Adam|
|Alma mater||Selwyn College, Cambridge|
Timothy John "Tim" Stevens (born 31 December 1946) is a British Anglican bishop. He is the current Bishop of Leicester; it was announced on 18 November 2014 that Stevens is to retire on 11 July 2015.
Stevens was born in Ilford, Essex, to Ralph Stevens and Ursula Plowman. He was educated at Chigwell School and Selwyn College, Cambridge, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in classics in 1968 and became Master of Arts in 1972.
From 1968 to 1973, Stevens worked as a senior management trainee for British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC) and in 1972 and 1973 as second secretary for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Stevens studied at Ripon Hall, Oxford, where he gained a diploma in theology. He was ordained in 1976, becoming a curate in East Ham in the same year. From 1979 to 1980, he was Team Vicar of Upton Park and from 1980 to 1988 Team Rector of Canvey Island. He was the Bishop of Chelmsford's urban officer from 1988 to 1991 and the Archdeacon of West Ham from 1991 and 1995.
Stevens became the Bishop suffragan of Dunwich in 1995 and held the position until 1999 when he was appointed as the Bishop of Leicester. He took a seat in the House of Lords as one of the Lords Spiritual in 2003. He was the Convenor of the Lords Spiritual from November 2009 until May 2015.
Stevens has been married to Wendi Kathleen Price since 1973. They had one daughter, now deceased, and have one son.
- Tim Stevens Esq (1946–1976)
- The Revd Tim Stevens (1976–1991)
- The Ven Tim Stevens (1991–1995)
- The Rt Revd Tim Stevens (1995—present)
- Church of England — New Convenor of the Lords Spiritual announced (Accessed 16 June 2015)
- Diocese of Leicester — Bishop of Leicester
- Biographical details
- Diocese of Leicester – Bishop Tim announces retirement (Accessed 18 November 2014)
- Who's Who 2008: London, A & C Black, 2008 ISBN 978-0-7136-8555-8
- Debrett's People of Today London, Debrett's, 2008 ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
|This article about a Church of England bishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|